21- Wrong

Bendy awoke to an empty, quiet room. He blinked, and smudged the ink from his eyes. Sunlight still peeked through the window, so he knew he hadn't been asleep for too long. He shivered, the AC on and cooling the room. He wrapped the blanket around him, biting his lip. Chills kept dashing through him, and he couldn't help but shake. He ducked his horned head beneath the covers, and he felt the heartbeat of one toon enter the room.

He slid out, despite the cold, and stood up straight. Boris stood there, tears in his eyes. He stiffened.

"Bendy?"

The demon could immediately tell something was wrong. Bendy swallowed his suspicion and threw his arm around the wolf.

"They're coming to take you..." he sniffed. "Oswald just got the call..."

The demon squeezed him tighter. He was not going to lose his brother.... He was not going back to the place he was found. He blinked, and realized tears were already filling up his eyes. They stayed there, and held on to one another in their embrace. Neither wanted to let go.

Oswald stepped in the room. "They're already coming for sure tomorrow. Do you want to go to my house until they come?" He seemed... Saddened.

The demon was slightly annoyed that the rabbit had walked in on the hug, but he nodded. Boris sniffed. "Can we go now?"

"Yeah. Frank had to leave, but he wishes us the best of luck," he started. "I think we'll need it." he waved for them to follow, and they did.

Bendy noticed the elevation of heart rates as he stepped out of the lobby, and out into the parking lot where a blue car sat. Oswald opened the door. "Bendy, you can sit in front." He motioned to the black seats, and he obliged, sitting inside awkwardly Oswald pulled the seat belt over his chest, not making even the slightest remark when ink from the demon got on his face. He just wiped it away, as Boris sat in the back, and then the rabbit climbed in the left side, and started the car.

___

Bendy was reluctant to get out when a red car pulled in beside them. He kept his face blank as Oswald muttered something heated. He breathed, and fumbled with the car door as he stepped out, shoulders squared as his lip curled into a grimace. The mouse was standing outside the car, and wasn't looking at the demon, but at Boris.

"Boris-" he started.

"Mister Mickey, I don't think we want to talk to you." his eyes were narrowed, which surprised the demon. Boris?

The mouse shook his head. "I want to talk to... Him anyway." he paused, and met eyes with the demon. "May I?"

Oswald began to say something rude when Bendy shook his head at him, looked back at Mickey, and nodded.

The mouse sighed quietly. "The Council might take you by force, even if you intend to go quietly. I... Wanted to wish you luck. Hopefully when they test you they won't use their tools." He turned. "That's all I wanted to say."

He got inside his car and Oswald glared the entire way the red car wound up the street to turn, and then led Bendy and Boris to the door.

The demon tittered at the entrance, but he shook away his nerves and stepped inside, praying his ink wouldn't drip as fast so that he could catch it.

The only room Oswald led Bendy to was his room. His face brightened at the sight of black sheets and blankets, even the dark pillowcase that covered a comfy-looking pillow. He immediately strode in and sat on the bed, his lips giving into a small smile. Thank you, he wanted to say. Boris smiled softly. "I'm guessing he likes the bed," he chuckled weakly. Oswald nodded.

"You know what, I'll let you two be. There's not really a need to see the house." He didn't add his thoughts, but Bendy understood. Because then I'll be gone. The rabbit closed the door, and Boris sat on Bendy's bed, tucking his face beneath the demon's chin as if it belonged there. The demon felt emotion cling to him as he realized just how little time he had left with the wolf, his brother.

Bendy leaned back, and the wolf re-positioned himself to Bendy's abdomen like glue. It took a moment for the demon to realize the wolf was crying.

"I don't wanna lose you," he said in a muffled voice.

Again, damned by silence, Bendy nuzzled his face into the wolf's fur, and rest his lips on the wolf's head. It's okay. Boris let his tears run down his snout like a faucet. It never seemed to stop. "But, when they take you..."

"Shhh," Bendy shhed caringly.

The wolf let out a whimper. "They'll send you to Joey!"

Bendy winced, but squeezed his brother.

I won't let you go. Not until my hands are ripped from your shoulders. I just wish I could tell you-

"I love you, Bendy." he closed his eyes. "And I know you love me, too."

Bendy smiled. Of course I do.

They cuddled closely, and the demon nor the wolf slept. They held onto each other's warmth, trying so hard to remember it...

Boris' shoulders, once tensed, now relaxed. Bendy willed the wolf's heart to calm, and he knew the wolf was out when he felt weight spill over him. He listened to the wolf's pulse, and willed his mind to memorize it as if it a holy script.

I love you, too, Bud. You don't even know how much I do. He closed his eyes. Sweet dreams, Borie. Sweet dreams.

___
Oswald stepped in, and smiled sadly. He then stepped over to the window and pulled the blinds, immediately setting the room in shadow.

"Naptime, I guess." he chuckled softly, and closed the door, leaving Bendy and Boris to spend the little time they had left...

Together...

Wishing it would be forever.

992 words

To Be Continued