end scene

From what Lucas had heard of the notorious Jaehyun, besides his obvious ego, he figured Taeyong would be happy to be freed from the degrading and controlling man

From what Lucas had heard of the notorious Jaehyun, besides his obvious ego, he figured Taeyong would be happy to be freed from the degrading and controlling man. However, that was not the case for the lovesick redhead, and Lucas was shocked to find two bruised bodies being carried from his once-gloomy castle, both dead from their own broken hearts.

"Oh my god, Taeyong," Jungwoo spoke breathlessly, eyes wide with disbelief. "Why would he do that? Jaehyun was awful." Jungwoo turned to Lucas in question.

"I almost did that," Lucas mumbled. "I understand him. That's how I felt when I saw you lying there, so beautifully lifeless. Love can do that to people, Jungwoo. You risked your life for your father. He just fell in love with the wrong person."

There was a heavy silence that fell over the two as Jungwoo contemplated Lucas' words. He stared at the sun that was painting the sky with it's red and yellow hues, Lucas' arm wrapped protectively around his waist to prevent him from falling from the damaged roof.

"Thank you, Lucas, for everything." Jungwoo smiled at him gratefully.

"I agree with the boy," Jaemin commented with a giggle, playing with the pink fluffy strands falling into his face.

"And for once, I agree with the candlestick," Renjun huffed, eyeing his own body curiously. Needless to say, it had been a while since either of the two had walked with functioning knees, and it was a miracle they hadn't fallen from the roof yet.

"Jaemin!" Someone screamed from inside the house, and it took Jungwoo a second to recognize the voice of the once feather duster. Jeno ran onto the terrace with a crazy gleam in his eyes that were disappearing behind the wide smile on his face, nearly tripping over the shards of glass.

"Be careful, princess, you're not as graceful as you once were." Jaemin held his hand out for Jeno to take, to which the black-haired boy willingly obliged.

"I missed you," Jeno mumbled, burying his face in Jaemin's neck.

"I love you so much."

Jaemin placed a tender kiss against Jeno's lips, happy to have the boy he loved in front of him. To finally see the smile that changed his eyes into crescents, and run his fingers through his silky black hair, feel his body as they performed the act that remained sacred to them both.

"I can smell the sexual tension from here, " Renjun groaned in feign annoyance. Jaemin removed himself from Jeno's comforting arms and clapped Renjun on the back.

"You missed me, it's okay to say it."

Renjun scoffed and shoved Jaemin's arm off of his shoulder, for once without the fear of being burned.