act 6.1

Lucas slammed the door of his room, a picture falling from the impact and shattering on the floor

Lucas slammed the door of his room, a picture falling from the impact and shattering on the floor. He kicked and punched and shoved, anything to get rid of his anger.

"I ask nicely, but he refuses. What does he want me to do, beg?" He stared at the mess he made incredulously, "A king does not beg."

A green glow caught his eye and he lunged at the mirror, brushing the dust from its glass surface.

"Show me the girl," he commanded, the signature green swirl appearing under the glass. Jungwoo sat in his room, talking animatedly with Ten, a sad smile on his face.

"Why the master's not so bad when you get to know him," Ten pleaded, "just give him a chance."

"I don't want to have anything to do with him," Jungwoo concluded, and the mirror faded back, Lucas' ashamed reflection staring back at him. He hung his head in his hands, letting his thoughts consume his weary mind.

Jungwoo slipped from the confinements of his room, footsteps pattering against the tile floor. He walked down the hallway, passing a sheer white curtain that covered a gorgeous window but that was letting off an oddly orange glow.

"Oh, yes," Jaemin argued, the candles adorning him being the source of the orange light.

"Oh, no." Jeno tried to wiggle himself from Jaemin's grasp, "I've been burnt by you before." He finally escaped, floating away with undeniable grace before being snatched back into the greedy candles embrace. Jaemin cradled him close, but a sight just above Jeno's head caught his attention, and without warning, Jeno fell to the ground with an 'oof', Jaemin taking off after the curious boy.

Jungwoo was trailing his hand behind him, velvet dancing beneath his fingertips, when he stumbled upon the kitchen, along with its staff.

"Please to see you," Renjun smiled, although Jungwoo could sense the sarcasm behind it. Jungwoo gave the clock a curt nod, dismissing Jaemin who stumbled through the door after him.

"I am Renjun, head of the household," Renjun leaned in to give Jungwoo's hand a gentle kiss but was shoved out of the way by Jaemin. "This is Jaemin."

"En chante," Jaemin greeted with a smirk, stealing the kiss Renjun was about to take from Jungwoo.

"If there's anything... stop that... that we can... do to make your stay more comfortable..." Renjun pushed Jaemin, the candlestick burning him in retaliation. "Ow!"

"I am a little hungry," Jungwoo admitted, the food lining the marble cabinets almost making him drool.

"Hear that? He's hungry. Stoke the fire, break out the silver, wake the china," Kun's delighted voice rang throughout the kitchen, the respective objects obeying his cheery commands. The stove roars to life, a fire burning on its silver rim, drawers slid open to expose rows upon rows of shining silverware standing at attention like troops.