The Brother?

Marcus drives us to Charlie's house. We talk about history, cars, food, and anything else we can think of.
"So what does food taste like for you?" I ask Marcus.
"Food tastes like dust to us mi amor." He replies.
"Oh..... what does blood taste like to you?" He remains silent for a few minutes, thinking.
"I suppose it depends on the person. Everyone has a different scent. Some are fruity, some are floral, some are earthy."
"What do I smell like?"
"You, my dear, smell like mint and desert rain. Very refreshing."
"Do you ever feel like you want to drink my blood like Edward and Isabella?"
"While you do smell extremely appetizing, I could not, would not bring myself to taste your blood. The mating bond refuses to let us hurt you in any way."
"Why is our bond different than that of Isabella and Edward's?"
"We have a true mate bond my love. You are the one we are destined to be with for the rest of eternity. Your sister and her boyfriend are blood singers. Her blood appeals to him but the may not necessarily be mates." I smile and look at him, studying him. He has chestnut brown hair that falls to his shoulder in waves. He has a strong masculine jaw line and soft features.
"Like what you see my dear?" He asks jokingly.
"And if I do?" I reply blushing. He looks at me and smiles. He stops the car and I realize we have arrived at Charlie's. Marcus gets out and walks to my side of the car and opens it up. We walk up to the door and I open it. Charlie looks up and his eyes widen.
"Annie who is this man?!"
"Umm...."
"I am Annie's boyfriends brother. I wish to take her out to dinner with her friend Jane." Marcus says confidently.
   "Oh, umm yeah if she wants to." He stands up and shakes Marcus's hand.  He then turns to me and looks confused.
   "I didn't know you had a boyfriend."
   "It's no one you would know Dad." Charlie walks away mumbling about too many new people. Jane comes in the door and grabs my arm. I turn and see Marcus leave out the door.
   "Come on! We gotta get dressed for dinner!" Jane cries happily. I roll my eyes and follow her up. She open up her bag and pulls out two expensive dresses. She hands me the pink one. And does my hair and accessories.

   She takes the black dress and does her hair and accessories as well

   It takes a total of two hours for us to get ready. Once we are finished we walk down the stairs and see Marcus is already back and dressed in a fitted black tuxedo. He is speaking with my father about cars and different games he is familiar with. Charlie looks up and sees me.
   "You look good Annie. You too Jane." He says.
   "Thank you Mr.Swan."
   "Thanks Dad." Marcus gets up and walks over to me and offers me his arm with a smile. I smile back and take his arm.
   "You look exquisite mi amor." He whispers into my ear.
   "You look amazing as well my love." I whisper back.
   "She better be home by ten Marcus." My dad warns.
   "Do not worry Sheriff Swan. She will be."
   "Well, have fun Annie."
   "Bye Dad."