Chapter 7: First Gig - Nic

I'd heard all about Axton taking Tara home. Uncle Benny never let it go.

"He won't harm her, Uncle Benny. He's really sweet to her, actually."

"Well how am I supposed to know that?" he would reply.

"Because he's a really nice guy. You can trust him, believe me. He's honestly a great guy. He's always showing how sweet and loving he is to her," I admitted.

"He seems like an idiot just looking for a girl in his bed," Vivienne chimed in.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh, shut it," Aunt Carol sighed. "She'll be fine. He has parents, doesn't he? They'll supervise!"

"Exactly! There's nothing to worry about!" I agreed.

Uncle Benny ran a hand through his hair. "Nic, you're coming with me to pick them up," he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"You're friends with this boy, yeah?" he asked. I nodded. "Good, he won't be so scared."

Climbing into the car, I just smiled.

"Nic... do you think they-"

"Tara wouldn't be comfortable with that, and she would've run off if he tried. You know this."

I nodded, gulping as he began to drive. "Yeah... that's true..."

---

When we knocked on the door, I couldn't help but chuckle.

"What?" Uncle Benny asked.

"This is just hilarious, honestly. You're scaring him."

"I'm a father. I do that," he admitted.

"Oh, if only I knew," I replied sarcastically. "Are you gonna be this scary when I get a boyfriend?"

"No. You know how to defend yourself when you're assaulted. If he tried to hurt you, you'll hurt him worse, out of self-defense. It'll be harder for her. She's not as strong as you."

I nodded, turning my head as the door opened.

"Hi, sir. And, um, hi, nic," Axton said worriedly.

"Hi, young man," Uncle Benny said, seriousness in his words. "Are your parents home?"

"No, sir. They left for work about an hour ago," he admitted, gulping.

The poor kid has his hair all messy and was just wearing an Iron Maiden shirt and a pair of jeans.

"How did she sleep?"

"Um... she fell asleep pretty quickly," Axton replied. "Please, um, come in."

We walked in, and I winked at Axton, noticing his hands trembling.

"C-can I take your jacket, sir?"Axton asked, hands still shaking.

My Uncle was planned to go to work after this, and to bring me and Tara along to go shopping while he was working. So, he was wearing his average, rich clothing because he was a doctor.

Axton probably wasn't used to this.

"Sure," Uncle Benny sighed, handing Axton his jacket.

Hanging it up, Axton excused himself, and I heard him say Tara's nice.

"Neat little house," Uncle Benny complimented, though Axton couldn't hear.

Tara came out of his room wearing a crop top and some sort f cardigan.

"When did you get this?" Uncle Benny asked, a look of shock on his face. Tara wasn't one to flash her body in any way, so seeing her abdomen so open was a shock.