Chapter 20: Half Way There - Cedric

A/N: I passionately hate the song I wrote. I am NOT a songwriter, as obvious. But, I figured I'd ought to get words out. So, I'll probably go back and change the lyrics. If anyone wants to help with it, just send me a message and I'll credit you on here.

~~~~~~~~

April 22nd, 1987.

We started out with Axton playing bass.

Axton was a God, no doubt.

How he did that, I had no idea.

We decided this would be a mix of Heavy Metal and Hard Rock, and we loved it dearly.

After the intense bass, we added in Jeremy playing guitar.

He was an incredible player, no doubt.

He was more than amazing at this.

I couldn't imagine anyone getting better than him.

We added in the drumming in about a minute through.

Nic didn't slam onto her crash cymbal like she usually did but lightly tapped them instead.

Scott added in his rhythm guitar, which was soft in the back but tied the band together.

There was something about our music that really was moving, or perhaps different.

Nic's drumming was like something no one had seen before.

She could bang those drums and make the most insane of noises, like the background of a cartoon character was making a mess in the kitchen.

But, it sounded in tune.

In this, she was making a perfect rhythm. She had perfect control of the bass drum, just like she did everything else.

In some of the songs, it sounded clumsy, but that would tie into what we were making. In this, it was professional and worthy, as if it was progressing throughout the whole song.

Axton's bass skills were deep and dark, heavy enough to carry the weight of the world.

But right now, they were calm and collected, just meant for a masterpiece.

They were all absolute musical geniuses.

Axton's bass was full of melody, a true beauty to hear.

it was effortlessly deep and relaxing, meant for someone to tap their fingers on a table.

Later in the song, we planned for everything to get heavier.

Jeremy wasn't shredding the guitar as per usual, but clear and smooth.

He played like no other, the most beautiful of noises coming from it all.

It was bold and ground-breaking, forcing the melody to come out like no other.

Scott played his guitar, forcing a windy sound to come out.

Tying Scott and Jeremy made it balanced, as it should've been.

The strangest part was, we weren't playing it separately.

Instead, we all played at once in the studio.

The way we recorded, just like anyone else, was by each instrument individually.

Still, it sounded amazing.

We increased it to a heavier volume, forming the Heavy Metal and Hard Rock sound.

The two genres were like a perfect couple - meant to stick by each other forever.