Chapter 15: Big Deal - Scott

August 1st, 1986.

We were going to be in Canada for only a few days, which was kind of insane to think about.

We'd finished touring in the U.S, and now we just had entire continents left to finish up with.

Yay.

I called my mom for the first time in a while, just to inform her that we wouldn't be able to speak while I was in Canada or any other country.

"After Canada, I'll be back home for three days," I assured her.

"That's good," she sighed. "So, I picked out your schedule for classes next year. But I know you won't exactly be able to..." she trailed off.

"Wait, Mom, I dropped out," I reminded her.

"I'm sorry, I should've known. I just-"

"Mom, it's okay! It's seriously okay," I laughed.

"Are you sure? I can erase everything if you want-"

"Well, I shouldn't be on the list of students."

"You weren't, actually. The rest of the band was, though. Did they drop out too?"

"They may not have... I'll tell them," I said.

"Could you do that now, please? Don'thang up."

"Yeah, totally," I replied. I turned my head towards the band. They were sitting on the couch of the hotel suite, disgusted with the fancy and expensive designs.

"Guys, come here!" I requested.

The all came towards us, clearly bored.

"Oh, don't worry, we'll probably vandalize a train once this phone call is over," I said.

"Scott Daniel!" Mom snapped.

"I'm only kidding," I lied. "Continue, please," I requested once everyone huddled around the phone.

"So, kids, I noticed that on the school board, your names are still signed up. You guys passed Softmore year, and it looks like you didn't drop out yet," my mom pointed out.

"That's impossible," Nic replied. "We dropped out."

"I don't think management has that part done. I'll get in contact with Jefferson, your families, and the school, alright?" Mom promised.

"Thank you, Ms. Edenberg," Cedric said.

"Yeah, thank you, Cierra," Axton said.

"Of course, kids. Call me if you need anything, alright? Scottie, can you call me this time tomorrow?"

"I'll do what I can. It'll depend on what time we're leaving for Canadia."

"Scott, it's Cana-"

"I know, mom," I laughed. "I'm only joking."

"Anyway... I love you, Scott. Don't be an idiot, alright? I love you more than words can say. Please don't get arrested."

"I'll do what I can," I replied. "I love you more than you know it. Bye."

---

"Happy birthday to you," the boys and I sang.

We'd made a cake for Nic.

Well, they made a cake while I complained about Nic getting too much attention, even though I knew that wasn't even true.

It was all chocolate, her favorite.