Chapter 11: In The Making - Scott

May 2, 1986

On this fine Friday afternoon, I walked to the recording studio.

Luckily, it was close to my house.

Sacramento was the capital of California, so there were lots of important places here.

But, nothing appealed to me.

I was more interested in L.A and everything they had there.

I could play guitar down by the beach, raising a family on the shore.

That sounded like the perfect way of life.

I smiled to myself as I walked to the studio, seeing Tara and Axon making out by the wall. They laughed as they saw me, making me smile even more.

"That's too provocative for me," I joked as I walked in the door. They laughed as I left them outside.

I opened the door to see Nic and Rocket talking, which didn't bother me all that much.

If they liked each other, then that's how things were supposed to be.

"Hey, guys," I sighed.

"What's up?" Nic asked.

"Um... not much. My mom signed papers. Yours?"

"My uncle disapproved, but he did it. So did my aunt," Nic said.

"Jem, how well did it go?"

Jeremy sighed shaking his head. "Awful. They didn't approve at all. It took so long to convince them. Then I made a stupid decision."

"Did you kill them?" Nic asked casually.

"Nah, I'm not really for that. But I did say that if things didn't work out as planned, I would sign with their agent and then... I would do what they do," Jeremy revealed. "I feel like an idiot."

"You made a good choice," Cedric insisted.

"Ceddie, what did your old man say?"

"Dude was cool with it. He knows I'm smarter than all of you combined, so he has faith I might get into a college. Well... maybe," Cedric said.

We all just nodded. "We need to write a song. Or, at least begin to write one. What are your thoughts?" Rocket asked.

"We should write something about death," Nic offered. "Suicide?"

"How about suicide prevention. We don't exactly want people to kill themselves, okay?"

"I'm down with that," Axton said as he walked in, arm around Tara.

"Okay, let's start there," Rocket sighed.

"Why are you still here?" Cedric sighed.

"He's helping us make an album, Cedric," Nic said.

"What is your problem with him?" Axton asked, clearly clueless.

"It's... it's nothing..." he sighed.

"Good. Then let's get on top of things," Nic replied.

---

May 3, 1986

I hadn't gotten a lot done as far as writing went.

Nic, on the other hand, had gotten loads done.

Nic had some problems with suicide when she was a little kid. At the time, she didn't understand suicide, but as she got older, she understood things more.

Yet, she kept doing them.

Things changed a few years ago and she hasn't hurt herself, which was good.