Chapter 1: Inside My Mind

WARNING: this story contains sensitives topics such as depression, anxiety, self-injury, suicidal thoughts...
—————

Skyler

Monday, December 17, 2018

Have you ever thought that bad things always happen to good people? Or that life takes away more than you think?

Well, that's how I feel, I always ask myself,

Why me?

Why are the people I love not here by my side?

The people who educated me, who taught me that even in the darkest moments there is always a light. They were my light, and now they are no longer with me.

I lost the little hope I had. It's like living a nightmare that I can't wake up from, and it's getting worse.

Since my mom passed away, exactly one week ago, there were many changes in my life, and not in a good way. I had to move with my grandparents, I haven't eaten or slept enough,

I am very tired. Tired of living.

I haven't attended school and Valerie has left me many messages asking me the same question: "Why haven't you gone to school? Are you ok? what happened? You're worrying me, Skyler."

Valerie has been my friend for 3 years, but in spite of everything, she doesn't know much about me, doesn't know about my family or that I have to deal with depression and anxiety every day, and she doesn't realize because I don't show my pain to people, I prefer that they see me as a strong person.

In school, I can define myself as a shy person and pretend that everything is fine, I don't like to talk much, Valerie always has something to tell and that distracts me from my thoughts.

At home, I'm weak, I feel useless, I cry every day because, I miss my family.

I miss my brother, although it bothered me, I loved him,

I miss my father, he was like my best friend, I still remember all the stories he told me about his childhood,

And my mom for bringing me to this world, for being a fighter, despite her condition, she always had hope, even though she knew that she wasn't going to continue living.

I miss them a lot, I would do anything to see them one more time.

I'm tired of showing someone that I don't, but I don't want anyone to know my reality, my fears, my weaknesses ...

I don't want anyone to know that part of me.

When I was younger when I first heard about suicide I was shocked I didn't know why anyone would kill themselves on purpose. All I can say now is, it's funny how fast things can change.

It hurts, but it's ok. I'm used to it.

------------------