Chapter 16: Stay

Skyler

We left the psychiatric hospital and headed to my house.

When we arrive, I ask Dylan to come with me because I need to talk to him.

We went up to my room and sat on my bed.

-What do you want to talk about? -Dylan says

-I can't continue with this...

-What do you mean?

-I can't stand it anymore, Dylan. I don't want to continue here; I don't deserve to continue here. I just want to end the suffering.

-Skyler ... I don't know what I would do if you leave me like this. Look, think of all the people who love you, think of me. You can, we can keep fighting with this, you are not alone anymore.

-Please, don't continue with that.

-Skyler, look at me. I care about you; I need you by my side.

-Why would you want someone like me by your side?

-Because I love you, and I want the best for you.

-N-no, don't say that.

- I don't want anything to happen to you.

-I hope you can move on, Dylan.

-Who do you think you are? Do you think that nobody is going to suffer your death? That's what you think? Tell me, Who? Who the hell am I?

-You can't save me! I'm tired of your attempts to help me, that "everything will be fine Skyler" have you seen me? I self-destruct, I cut myself, I hurt myself in every way. Why the hell are you still helping me?

-Because I want you to live. You know that suicide is not an option. I already told you your options, or you continue living as you are now or let us help you with the help of a psychologist and I promise you will improve and that you will feel good about yourself.

-I don't want you to help me, stop doing it.

-What do you plan to do? you will go and leave your grandparents suffering and blaming themselves for not doing anything. At least you have thought how I would feel if you leave like this? Damn it, you go and I'm left blaming myself, is that it?

-Stop...

-Sure, I understand. You think about it because no one loves you, your grandparents, Sam, Valerie, me, we don't matter anything to you. That's it? You'll go and leave me alone, You'll go and Dylan kill himself later, you don't care.

-Stop, please...

-I'm sorry for reacting like that but please don't leave us, don't let me suffer. Please Skyler

-Dylan... I can't

-Skyler... Stay with me, I couldn't bear not to see you again.

-Just go, please.

This was the last time you'll see me

I'm so sorry, Dylan