Chapter 13: Keep Fighting

Dylan

Dad comes into the bathroom after I've screamed more than once.

-What happened, Dylan?

Nerves and despair leave me speechless.

Dad's eyes widen when he sees the blood on the floor and his fingers go to Skyler's pulse.

-S-she came to the bathroom and ... she had told me that ... - I cling more to her and the tears burn in my eyes. Dad is a doctor; he knows about these things -She... self-injures.

-She's fine -he puts his hand on my shoulder

-Dylan, she's going to be fine. She needs to go to the hospital. Her body is too weak and she's losing blood, she need special care –he closes the water tap, and now my tears are heard.

-Dylan, everything will be fine. Kathleen, come here!

Mom goes into the bathroom and after Mom's directions dad wants to grab Skyler to take her to the car, but I refuse to let her go. So I carry her.

Mom is the one who drives to the hospital where dad works. We arrived at the hospital and they treated us with urgency, the luck of which dad worked here helped us a lot.

I feel terrible when Skyler is taken from my arms and taken to a room that they didn't let me through. Mom calmed me down by telling me that they were going to do studies that everything would be fine but I just wanted to be with her.

I promised to take care of her tonight and she got here. I can avoid feeling terrible. I can't even speak.

I was in the waiting room, waiting for someone to tell me something about her. But nobody told me anything.

A doctor leaves the room where Skyler was taken.

-What happened to her? -he had seen me arrive with her in my arms.

-Are you a familiar? -I shook my head. In times like this I hate this because not being a family member, they can't tell you anything.

-I'm her tutor -Mom says, even if it's a lie, but we don't know the number of Skyler's grandmother, so we can't contact her.

-Well, Skyler's body is too weak and malnourished. She lost a lot of blood for self-injury. She didn't cut any veins, so she recovered. For now, she only suffers from bulimia.

-What do you mean by "for now"?

-We can find some other disease, hopefully not. And about her injuries, the cuts weren't so deep so she will continue with us,

-What do you recommend about that?

-Skyler needs help from a psychologist urgently or internally in a psychiatric hospital to help her and have her in observation because what she did was a suicide attempt.

-I want to see her.

-Only relatives can pass -says the doctor.

-Let him in -says mom.

I thank Mom with a hug and went into the room where they sent her. My stomach aches to see her so thin, and weak in bed. She had hanging the serum aside and bandages covered her cuts. Not even the light in the room could give life to her face.

I dragged a chair to her side and took her hand, it was cold. The tears return to burn in my eyes, it feels horrible to see her in these situations.

-Everything's going to be fine -I whisper and look at the ceiling, as if I'm talking to God. –Please...

Several hours later

Skyler still didn't wake up. In these I find myself in the waiting room. Dad checked Skyler's medical records and we were able to contact his grandmother and now she's in the room.