Chapter 8: Save Me

Skyler

Saturday, December 22, 2018. 9:30PM

The minute's fly by and I can see how a car approaches and parks in the front. Dylan quickly gets out of the car and heads towards me. He wears black pajama pants and a shirt of the same color with his messy hair.

His eyes meet mine and the worry on his face disarms me. I get up to walk towards him. Dylan doesn't even say anything and embraces me quickly. I'm safe, he separates and holds my face.

-Are you okay? - I sit weakly; his finger checks my broken lip- What happened?

-I don't want to talk about that, I just want to go home.

Dylan looks at the boy next to us- I'll take care of it, you can go. Thank you.

-Take care.

Dylan takes me by the hand to direct us to the car. The silence between us is not uncomfortable, just silence.

We got to my house and he opens the car door for me. My grandparents are sleeping, so he enters with me.

I climb the stairs to go to my room while Dylan looks for ice in the kitchen. I take off my shoes and sit on my bed.

Dylan appears with a plastic bag full of ice and sits next to me.

-It will help- press the bag against my face and release a moan of pain.

-Sorry.

Dylan frowns- Why?

-By calling you, I didn't want ...

-No- interrupts me- Don't even think about it, never hesitate to call me if you're in trouble, never, Agree?

-Agree.

-Now lie down, you need to rest, tomorrow it will be another day- I go to bed and he covers me with the sheets and I just watch him.

-Dylan ...

-You are safe Skyler- he murmurs- Sleep, I won't leave you alone.

-You promise?

-I promise. Rest, I'll be back tomorrow morning.

I see him leaving my bedroom, and my eyes can't anymore, I fall asleep.