Chapter 7: Time Off in Beach City

I got to my apartment after some more crime fighting. I never asked but I guess the hospital had my information. At least my mask wasn't on and I had a change of clothes underneath. Man but those gems are just going to try and find me, then what? I almost die everyday. That's not something I want them to have to get involved in. I don't care if they claim to be warriors, or aliens that are practically immortal. That doesn't mean there isn't something that could hurt them.

I woke up the next morning. I regret every decision I make when it comes to my own health. Again, I had battle scars that haven't yet healed and broken bones that haven't healed back in place. I had the weekend off so I had more time to train or at least wait till I go out on my patrol. You know it wouldn't be that bad to go somewhere while I wait to for the night to fall. Those gems, their from Beach City. I thought to myself while putting rubbing alcohol on my wounds. The cast I had on my arm, I replaced with a lot of gauze. It made it easier to move. I would just have to avoid running into those gems before they want to spend time or something. Then again, they are here, in Empire City for "vacation." I should give myself a break. The beach would be a nice change.

The day was bright and the citizens of the Empire City went on with their business. I walked to the bus station and got on heading to the shore side destination. The ride took a shorter time than I expected but then again, napping makes the trip seem much shorter. I got off and saw the many different places to eat and the little amusement park they had there as well. The beach was seen going down more miles. I walked on the grains and saw that the ocean was crystal clear. It went on for what looked like an eternity.  I dipped my feet in the ocean water and felt the breeze from the shore hit my face. I lifted my one good arm and took in the scenery.

 I then saw a small house on the side of this huge structure that seemed to resemble a giant woman. I looked but wasn't curious enough to check it out. I'm here to relax and that's what I am doing. I walked to the boardwalk to see the many food establishments. I walked to this fry stand because it just seemed appetizing and the aroma of fries just got my attention right away. "Hello what can I get for you?" A small boy asked. No offense to him but his voice was a little annoying in a sense but I ignored it and simply ordered. "Just a medium fry please." I said. He nodded then stepped to the back to make them. I turned around and enjoyed the scenery. It was nice, people were walking around and so were some gem people. They must have been the ones I saw on T.V. It was nice to see everyone getting along.

"Here you are." He said. I payed and sat at a nearby bench. Beach City was actually nicer than I expected. The great food, the beach, the overall scenery is amazing. Maybe it's because being stuck in Empire City for so long really makes you appreciate the simpler things. I ended up getting on some rides at the amusement park, played some games that were rigged but I didn't care. I won the prize anyway. I can outplay those ring toss games. Rigged they are but having skill helps I guess. I got a big alien stuffed plush. It's funny; as much as I don't want them around, I oddly was still thinking of those gems. Steven seemed like a nice kid that just wants to help, Peridot is just a entertaining goof, Lapis seems really closed off but is really sensitive and nice on the inside and Pumpkin is just Pumpkin. I giggled at the thought.

I walked off away from the boardwalk and entered this T-shirt shop. I was thinking just to check it out. I saw this one dude with his hair pointing up and looked like he was really raving to whatever he was listening to. He saw me come in and took off his head phones. " Yo, welcome in. Looking for anything special." He asked with a sort of monotone voice but I think that's probably how he always sounds. "Nah, just browsing man." I said. "Cool, well if you need anything just ask." He said. I thanked him and saw his name tag. "Sour cream." I wasn't one to judge his name. It was actually in my opinion a good unique name. It probably doesn't matter to him because he seems to be a cool dude from what I could tell. I looked around after that thought. There were many T-shirts to look at. There was this one that said "Keep Beach City Weird" with an alien logo on the side. There was a T-Shirt for the restaurants and the amusement park. There was this one for that meh movie "Dogcopter 3." Then there was this one all black shirt with a star. As simple as it was, I liked it.

I decided to go pay until I heard the door open. Some guy with sunglasses and a sloppy look walked in. I watched his every move. He had a looked that just seemed like trouble. White tank top, those glasses, black jeans and a brown jacket that looked one size to big. "Yo, welcome in what can I get yo-" The cashier had stopped talking. The guy had a knife in his hand. "Give me the cash man." The guy said in a sort of hesitant voice. I watched and saw that he was looking at me now. "You, give me your wallet." He demanded now. "Nah." I said. This made him angry which I intended to do. He took steps closer to me and was about to use his knife but I kicked out of his hands. I then proceeded to punch him with my one good arm. He fell. I ran towards him but he punched me in my stomach. I fell but sweeped his legs. He fell and I punched him across his face causing him to be pushed back into the glass door. He was out cold. There was broken pieces of glass all over him. Sour Cream looked at me in awe. I walked over to the counter. "How much will this be?" I asked. " Take it man, it's on the house." He said. I thanked him and accepted. What a way to end off this trip. More crime fighting. I face palmed at the thought.