Chapter 15: Interrogating

I know the picture that is above is of Batman but he is interrogating someone so it just to give you an image of that happening in the story in a way. 

 I waited till 5 p.m. to see when Jewel would be exciting his job. To think this guy goes casually to work when he is making tech that can harm gems and selling weapons that kill people. I stood on a fire escape in an alley across the street. Luckily for me, the days have been getting darker early so it won't be that hard to sneak up on him. I watched for who this guy was based on the description I got.

The building had the big letters that read B.E.R. To what jobs they hire for was beyond me. All I was waiting was the guy I needed to confront to be able to get him to tell me what he's planning. I looked over as the skies began darkening. The sun began to sleep leaving the orange colors to illuminate in the distance. I looked at everyone excited. I saw the guy that seems to have a black suit, red tie, dark skin, and glasses. I went down the fire escape and slowly followed him in the shadows. I walked to the parking garage that he had his vehicle. He had his phone in one hand and blueprints in the other. I walked behind pillars. He was about to enter his car till I rammed him into his car door. 

"Ahhh, what the heck?!" He yelled. "Shut up!" I yelled back. He turned around. He saw me with my costume. "Protector, the hero of Empire City. Look, man, what do you want?" He asked. "I heard from someone that you work for the Bloodstones. I also heard that you build and sell tech." I said. "Look I don't know who the Bloodstones are and sure I build tech but no weapons." He said with a grin. He was so stupid that he didn't think I knew he was lying. "Ahh!" I yelled before punching him in the gut. I picked him up by his collar and punched him across his face. He fell on the hood of his car. I put my hand to his throat and made him talk. "I know what you do so tell me where the Bloodstones are and what you are making for them?" I asked with a stern tone. 

He spits blood before talking. "Look, I don't know where their hideout is. I do make weapons but it is for both sides, not just the Bloodstones." He said. "So you are a trader to both then," I stated. "Well, when I need the money, making tech that can kill both of them isn't the worst idea. Why would you want to stop it? They'll be out of the way." He said. "That war will lead to innocents dying. I need to stop it before it hurts Empire City." I said.

 "I can't help you. I don't go to any hideout for the Bloodstones, some buff gem named Jasper is the one I sell to. Sometimes Topaz would be with her but that's about it." He said. I let go of his collar. I punched him again in his stomach. I picked his head up by his hair. "I don't want you making weapons for anyone. If you do I will find because this whole confrontation was simply going easy on you." I said. I left and decided that it was time to simply confront Nightshadow at her hideout. Maybe I can stop one side of this war.

I walked along the rooftops. Papa Mariano' s was in my line of sight. I didn't see anything suspicious. The restaurant looked like it was getting business. I went back down to the street. I walked back behind the restaurant. I still had the destabilizer. I didn't use it against Jewel just in case it backfired but it sure will come in handy now. I walked across the street in the shadows.