Chapter 13: Return to Empire City

I got on a bus home. I didn't go get that cannon the police confiscated. I didn't say goodbye to the other gems. It was my duty to protect my city so that's what I'm going to do. I have spent way too much time in Beach City doing nothing. Well not really nothing. I looked down at my seat on the bus. I had the star shirt still on. Why would I turn them away? Why am I doing what I did with my parents and friends? 

I looked out the window the whole trip back. I waited to see the illuminating lights of my fair city. I'll give it to the Empire City, at night, it can be the most beautiful site ever. I got to my stop and got off. I had to start looking for Nightshadow and those bad gems. I started going around asking criminals on the streets about where to find Valeska. Valeska was just another street criminal that had robbed banks, stores and sells weapons but not gem tech. I knew this guy from having to stop him in his criminal acts and putting him in jail. For some reason though, he always seemed to get out. 

Not escaping, just got off. I assume, being who he is, that he might know something or knows someone that might know where I can find Nightshadow. I went to the spot under a bridge where he and some other thugs hang out. I walked over from the top and saw a bonfire. "Hey man, when is the next heist?" Asked a thug. There were about 4 of them. "Look we just hit up a jewelry store the other day. Wait a bit." Valeska said. "But what if that Protector guy comes for us or catches us next time we rob?" Said another thug. "Look, that creep won't be stopping us. He has put me in jail more times than I can count but I always get out. There are people we got in the inside. Why do you think Nightshadow is out and about?" Valeska said laughing.

I grew intensely anger. "Hey, I heard you were talking about me," I said. I kneed the guy closes to me in the stomach. I then uppercut his face. Two guys came at me but I used the destabilizer to zap one and I hit the other in the face with it. Valeska started running, I ran after him. He went up to the bridge and ran across. I ran with the wind blowing against my masked face. Cars started to come by but braked when seeing Valeska on the road. I jump on the hoods of the braked cars. I caught up when getting closer to the apartment buildings in the city. I tacked him and I continuously punched him. I threw him the alley in between apartment buildings we were standing in front of.

 "What do you know about Nightshadow?!" I yelled. "Look, Protector, man, calm down." He said in a terrified voice. This made me angry. I tased him. "Ahhh!" He screamed. "Tell me!!" I yelled. The night was darker than most. This alley was covered in trash and water. The dark clouds above began to have water droplets fall from them. The apartments were the only things with light. I look back down at Valeska. "Ok....ok. Nightshadow is in some restaurant hideout on the east side of town called Papa Mariano's. She got some sort of weapons she is planning on using on the Bloodstones." He said. The Bloodstones? I was confused

These gems were here in my city and I had no idea about it. "Where is the Bloodstones' hideout?!" I yelled. The light from the stabilizer made it that it was easier to see the fear on his face. " Look, I don't know for sure where but you may get some answers from Jewel. He works in an office building around the southeast side of the city. He probably gets out around 5 p.m from a company called B.E.R. He has made purchases on the black market and sold us weapons here and there. He makes tech-based weapons and sells them to us if we need them in heists or for protection. He might be trying to make something new for the Bloodstones right now." Vakaska said.

 I looked at him for a couple of seconds. He had bad bruises and scars that wouldn't heal for a while. He deserves way worse but all I needed was answers. I lifted his head and asked one more question. "What does he look like?" I asked. "Dark skin, glasses, red tie, and black suit." He said barely able to keep his eyes open. I tied him up and threw him in the trash can. He was in pain, unable to really ask for help. I called the police to take him. Time to investigate this. 

I'll still keep this updated by the weekends if I can. I am going to have to start writing more for this story so I am not sure if I can keep that promise but hopefully, I will.