Chapter 16

I'm sorry I'm bad at updating because of school and stuff but yeah here we go here's a thing

Alex stayed in all weekend and yeah, he was totally avoiding Zack. He wasn't even sure why but it seemed like a safer option so he stuck with it. And perhaps it had completely slipped his mind about agreeing to help Jack but that wasn't important. He was certain that the boy wouldn't even consider actually doing that and so instead Alex began to take a shower. Although once he was fully clothed and currently drying his damp hair, he still felt the exact same. What that feeling was, he really wasn't sure exactly what term to use.

Once the clock struck nine he scampered down the several flights of stairs and bounced in his kitchen. So what if Jack had his own car? Alex got to meet him mom from work tonight so he knew what that totally meant; going down early and finding himself within the car in the parking lot for a good few hours. For those couple of hours he could pretend the car was his and one day it would be. It wasn't like him and Jack were that different wealth wise, perhaps it was just that Jack's family had money and he also had his own whereas Alex's family had money, but he didn't have any of his own.

Alex's POV

Sprinting as fast as I could down to the police office, merely two hours later, I realised I still had another two to wait for my mother. I opened the doors to the office and waited, eyeing every person within the same room up and down. Perhaps if I hadn't of been set back by having keys thrown at me as my mom rushed about I would of seen who else was in there. I pulled my hood up to protect my bed head and reached the car door, firstly putting the wrong key in and cursing to myself but finally getting the right key in the end. Situating myself into the leather seat, I leaned forward slightly, allowing myself to adjust my shirt and pull my sleeves down over my hands. Despite it being a great car I was still freezing my ass off. Prolong myself sideways I focussed on the car that was parked in a odd way but just one after the open parking space. It was practically the same as my moms but well, better.

It wasn't until someone climbed into the othet car I realised I was in big trouble. Jack sat and swore to himself over and over, despite being over a parking space distance I could still clearly hear every word. Rian opened the door closest to me and put himself into the drivers seat of his car. I sighed with relief before realising he'd wound his window down. "Hey! Kid! Alan? Ale..Alex?" In that moment I swear, I was dead. I also managed to pull my window down and awkwardly waved. Jack sunk deeper into his seat and covered his face while Rian just sat and spoke to me about God knows what, I probably should of listened. "Alex?" My mom's voice made every hair on my body stand up. She looked at me, rian, then Jack and back to me. By now my face had ran from of the usual pale look and was now pure red. "Hey Alex's mom!" Rian called out but she was still just staring at Jack.

As she gave Rian a small wave, he wound his window up and began to reverse. "I never knew you had such cute friends, lex." She gushed before sliding into the drivers seat and starting the engine. "They're not 'cute' and they're not exactly my 'friend-" Before I could even breathe, I was cut off; which didn't surprise me. "Ask them round sometime? C'mon Alex, you can't just spend your life with one friend? At least one of those would be you type." Deciding to ignore her last comment I placed my earbuds in because it was a long drive back.

-

ok I know this is short but it's just a quick filler due to my unexpected lack of updating but the next chapters really important !

-