Chapter 9 Father-Son Day

Max groaned again as David walked up the stairs into the blockbuster storeroom.

"I brought matching t-shirts!" David said excitedly as he held up the t-shirts, one said I'm with my father, and the other one said, I'm with my son. ".....at a discount...." David whispered that last part, as the sizes were switched, so the one that said I'm with my father' was Davids size, while the other one was Max's size.

"Why are you making me do this?" Max asked as David slipped the t-shirt over his head, despite his flailing and protests.

"I feel like we don't spend enough time together," David said mournfully.

"We live in a storage room without windows or doors, we already spend too much time together!" Max pointed out irritated by Davids plan for today. David wanted to spend the whole day in the mall, buying clothes for him and doing father-son activities, while Max would rather fucking die than do any of that. Seriously, David had to take away his switchblade.

"I just want you to experience the joys of having loving parents like I did!" David said with a smile. "Is that really too much to ask?"

"Yes!" Max snapped as he waved his arms. "You try to make me do this shit almost every single fucking day!"

"Language!" David said.

"....I know right, fuck English." Max replied as he started walking down the stairs. Best to get this disaster over with as fast as possible.

"And remember, we have a PTA meeting for the end of the day," David said. They still had to go to those to make sure Gwen wasn't messing up their children.

***

David and Max walked into the food court for some breakfast. They were going to an IHOP that originally got closed down because some guy called Jeffreestar a faggot and just so happened to work there. He got fired, but that didn't stop the restaurant from going to the mall where businesses go to die. At least they have an Ihop now.

"What do you want Max?" David asked.

"Whichever one makes me die faster," Max replied.

"The pancakes please!"

***

Neil peeked around a corner with Nikki by his side. He had a plan for today. Max couldn't hang out today because of David, so he figured he'd better step up and try to cause some trouble.

"Okay, here's the plan Nikki!" Neil said. "We just have to get some of David blood so I can extract what makes him love Max, and use that to make my dad love me even more!"

"Why?" Nikki asked.

"So he'll try to buy my love!" Neil said. "If my father loves me even more, then he'll spend a massive amount of money trying to get my love!"

"That's really dark, and I love it!" Nikki said as she peeked around the corner. "Let's make him bleed!"

"Max, what did I tell you about slouching!" David said as he tried to sound stern.

"My back should have an erection, so people respect it," Max replied as he twisted Davids words as much as possible.

"Uh....no," David said as he tried to decode that.

"Give me your blood!" Neil yelled as he came running out with a large knife and a test tube.

"Okay!" David said as he held out his arm.

"Wait really?" Neil asked as he stopped.

"Yuppers!" David said with a smile. "I am all for your pursuit of science, and as your teacher, I could never say no to your voyage of curiosity!"