Chapter 1

Precious' POV

"OMG, Cole!!!! You're such an idiot. I told you that it wouldn't work." I half shouted at him as he was now entering the parking lot from the back of the school. He just chuckled to himself before answering. 

"Well you know we all can't have the special skills that you have when it comes to pranking people" He says hugging me now. "I have to miss two practices now & the big game is next friday. God my parents are gunna kill me." He says with a worried expression after two seconds of being serious we both burst out into laughter. His parents didn't really care what happened to him honestly. But the thing is that he does & it kills him inside about both the game & his parents. 

"Well I told you that little shit would rat on you, don't you know by now that little Charlie can't be trusted. Ever since I broke his glasses in the second grade for eating my purple cupcake. But no seriously you can't get into anymore trouble okay. You can not miss any practices or games if you really want to get into a good college and get the hell out of Fresno." I tell him as we lean against my car.

"Can we just go now, I have homework to do?" he says kindly. I nod my head as we get in.

I close the door to my 1982 Black Jeep CJ7 Laredo. Ahhhh I fell in love the first time I had seen it in the beginning of the summer. I worked my ass off the last two years getting it, working two jobs by cashier/sales associate at Body Basics & a host at Me-N-Ed's: Victory Grill. I've been very independent kind of my whole life and can really only depend on myself for the things I need and want. As we're leaving the school I see a smirk on Cole's face.

"What are you smirking about now?" I ask looking at him every four seconds.

"Mmm, remind again why did you name your car "Ryder"?" He asked amused. Okay, he knows why I did, he just loves to hear me say it again, But only to make him happy.

"Because I get to ride him all day & night, whenever I want & never get bored by it." I say in a sexy kind of voice. He laughs at my answer and winks at me. "So, Mr. Flirt what do you want to do tonight, since it is a Friday & there's no games today?" I ask as we finally pull up to my house, we sit as he thinks.

"Well you know that Cindy & Johnny are having that party tonight, we can go if you want?" As he is asking I can see that he really wants to go, so why not.

"Okay, fine we'll go, but promise me you wont get drunk off your ass & try to make out with Vic again, it was really creepy, yeah." I say laughing at the memory

"Hey, that was not my fault. I swear it, he was getting all cheeky with me. You know how he gets when he's drunk, okay" he says with his hands up in a defense mode. I nod agreeing with him, as I park the car in front of my house. 

"Okay. Well we can do homework at my house then we can get ready, that means you go to your house okay," I say as if talking to a first grader, he gives me a 'no duh' look, "Then we eat dinner here and then leave. Sound good?" I ask, but I already know the answer.

As we step out of the car, I can smell the Fresno air, Autumn. I can hear the kids playing in the street, the Gomez's in an argument again, Tony must be all drugged up again & trying to sell one of his mom's stuff. I see all the ghetto teens all ganged up in their yards talking & having a good time for what I see. I hear police sirens around. Yup, this is home for me.