Part 9 - Paper Ball 🌻

"No everything is ready.", While saying on phone Avni was walking forward.  "No no. It's fine.", She said again.

And at that moment she accidentally bumped into someone.

"Ops sorry.", She looked at the person.

"It's ok.", The person looked at her too. And they both stopped for a moment.

"Avni.", The girl said.

"I'll call you later.", Saying that Avni hung up the call.

"Richa."

Richa Arora. Avni and she were in the same college. Richa was one of those mean girl from every college. And as expected Avni didn't like her, so did Richa. So after so many years seeing eachother, none of them were happy.

"What are you doing here?", Richa asked to Avni. And then herself said, "Let me guess you came here to see Darshan Raval, aren't you?"

Avni looked at her in disgust. Yes of course she knew how Avni was mad for Darshan from the college.

"I can see you're still mad for him. You know what I've a good news for you.", Richa said.

Avni narrowed her eyes.

"I can help you to meet him. Personally.", She said proudly.
Avni wanted to laugh loudly at that time.

"Because I'm the co-actress of his new music video.", Richa said flipping her hair. "So if you want to meet him you can come with me.", She said again.

"No thank you.", Avni said with a fake smile.

"Avni, come here.", She heard Darshan's shout from behind.
As Richa found Darshan called her she became shocked.

"I don't need you to meet him Richa. May be you need my help to meet him.", Passing a smile she walked to him.
And Richa was still confused.

* * *

'I know that I love you because I see the world in your eyes and your eyes everywhere in the world. It feels like you're so close but you're so far away. But I don't just care because knowing that we're under the same sky makes my day.'

Avni was writing her diary when suddenly a paper ball hit her hand and fell on the ground.
She glanced all around then picked up and opened that.

"Oi!", Was written there.

She again looked all around and now she saw Darshan was sitting in a distance plastering a big smile on his face. Avni was not at all excepting it from him. She gave him a 'What' look. He blinked and smiled widely.

'Oh god, not the smirk. I always adored that smirk of his. I loved it when his teeth showed up. It's so cute. Ok stop Avni', again her inner me said. She turned away to her diary again.

* * *

Darshan came out from the room and scanned the corridor but couldn't find her. He walked a but when she saw her sitting on the stairs writing something on her diary.

"What you always write on that?", Asking that he sat beside her.

She closed the diary and said, "I'm a writer. Isn't it obvious I'll write something."

"Point.", He nodded.

"You wanted to say something?", Avni looked at him.

"Yap. I wanna ask you to come a party tomorrow.", He said.

"What kind of party?", She asked.

"It's our Director Sabah's birthday tomorrow.", He told.

"Oh yes I forgot it's Dhruwal's Birthday.", Avni nodded.

"How do you know?", Darshan narrowed his eyes.

Avni slowly looked at him and said, "I...I kinda stalked him and got to know."

"You stalk people. Wow.", Darshan smiled.

"A lot!", Avni whispered underneath her breath.

* * *

"Stop fricking out Avni!", Disha said pressing her forehead.

"How can I Dish? I'm going to a party with him. Can you even imagine, till now I always watch the videos of his parties and all the things and now I'm going to one with him. How can I calm down?", Avni said all in one go.

"Ok. We get it. But I think you should calm down or you'll get a heart attack now.", Samaira said making her seat.

"Breath in, breath out.", Disha said passing the glass of water to her.
Samaira was somehow controlling her laughter seeing her condition.

"Tell me one thing, why don't do freak out like this in front of him? How actually?", Samaira asked.

Avni gulped the water and looked at her, "I don't know. I don't know how I manage to control myself in front of him."

Avni gulped the water again.
And then all of a sudden she stood up in jerk, "I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR.", she shouted. Disha and Samaira exchanged looks.

"Guys, I don't have anything to wear. What I'm gonna do?", She cried like a baby.

"Shut up Avni!", Disha walked to her closet and opened that. "What's all this? There's a lots of dresses which you never even wore. Pick up anything and wear that.", Disha said.

"How can I pick up anything and wear? Dish I'm going to a Darshan Raval party.", Avni repeated herself.

"He'll not gonna look at you so it doesn't matter what you're wearing.", Disha said faking a smile.

Avni looked at Samaira, "Is she even my best friend?"

Samira chuckled and said, "You don't worry, I'm here for you so chill"
She walked to the closet.

"Do you know what Darshan is wearing?", Samaira asked.

"Nop."

"Any dress code?"

"Naah"

Samaira began shuffling through her clothes and after a while finally she stoped and said, "lets try something different."

She turned around and showed her a purple and golden coloured full sleeved, medium length dress.

"Where did you get this from?", Avni asked.

"What?"

"I can't even remember when I bought this outfit.", Avni said looking at the dress.

"See told you, she can't even remember.", Disha sat on the bed.

"Wear this tomorrow.", Samaira gave the dress to Avni.

Avni observed the dress again very carefully and tried to remember from where she bought that.
When her phone beeped.
She saw a message came from Darshan.

"Tomorrow sharp on 8 pm. I'll come to pick you up."

Avni read the message.
"Shit!", She whispered.

Samaira and Disha looked at her.
"He'll come to pick me up.", Her mouth was half opened.