Part 20 : What About A Happy Ending? 🌻

Avni adjusted her hair once again before getting down from the car and looked herself on the looking glass again.

"No one will look at you. Why are you getting ready so much?", Samaira asked teasing her.

Avni looked at her and raised her eyebrows. Samaira did the same.

"Ohooo. Now you have someone who will look at you na.", Samaira commented.

Avni looked down and smiled. "Koi Na he loved you seeing your ugly face only so no need to do all these.", Samaira uttered.

Avni gave her a death glance.

"Ab Ja.", Samaira laughed softly. Avni got down from the car.

"Or Ha.", Samaira said again. Avni turned back, "Talk to him politely.", she added and Avni nodded.

Avni plastered a smile on her face and entered in the office. Her eyes searched for Darshan as she entered.
He didn't come yet. Avni went and sat on her desk. In every minute her eyes went to the entrance. She checked her wrist watch for more than ten times.
Two hours passed but he didn't show up. Avni became sad and focused on her work and told herself that he would not come today.
She finished her work and went to grab her lunch.

When she was returning back with her coffee her eyes fell on the entrance of Rakesh's cabin. Darshan was standing there with a girl, they were talking.

Avni became happy to see him at last. She kept looking at him standing there firmly.

"Yah ok done.", Darshan said to the girl. They both laughed softly.

"You took your lunch?", he asked to her.

"No.", the girl denied.

"Then lets go together. I also didn't have it yet.", he said.

Avni heard that and her eyes became narrow.

"Ok then. Give me a second.", the girl blushed a little then walked to the washroom. Darshan simply nodded.
As the girl left Avni walked to Darshan.

"Oh hi.", Darshan smiled at her.

"What's happening?", she asked directly.

"What?", he asked back.

"You, are you going somewhere?", Avni asked calmly.

"Yah. Me and Ayesha are just going to have lunch.", Darshan smiled a little.

"And why are you smiling like that?", Avni raised her eyebrows.

"Like what?"

"Like you are blushing."

"What? No. I am not.", Darshan touched his cheeks.

"Ok. So..."

"So?"

"Are you seeing her?", Avni asked.

"And why does that matter to you?", Darshan asked too.

"You can't.", Avni looked away.

"Why I can't?", Darshan leaned to her a little.

"You were into me till yesterday and today you are seeing somebody else.", Avni threw her hands in the air.

"You rejected me Avni. And what do you want me to do now?", Darshan joined his arms and placed them near his chest.

"You know what go on a date with that girl, do whatever you want but you will die single I swear, you are so effortless.", Avni turned away in anger and walked to her desk.
Darshan laughed underneath his breath.