Part 15 - Value 🌻

Avni sipped her coffee then continued typing something on her laptop. Only two days left for their wrap up. Then the project would be done. And that's what Avni want. It became a torture for her to see Darshan's face everyday. They both ignored eachother. Didn't even look at eachother.

After finishing her work she looked all around the office and saw that was totally empty. Yah everyone left. She picked up her bag and made her way out of the office. She didn't wanna trouble Samaira so she thought to go home by herself.

She waited for taxi but the rode was pretty empty. So she decided to walk. She plugged in her earphones and took the side path.

She was walking silently when after a while she saw a light of a car, that was coming towards her in a speed. Avni stopped, her heart trembled. She didn't move a inch. Then the car side cut her and crashed to the light post with a loud sound. There's no doubt that the car failed the break.

Avni ran to the car, smoke was coming out from the front. She tried to look inside through the glass and as she saw the face she froze.
Darshan.

"Darshan!", Avni shouted.

She tried to open the door but it was locked.

"Darshan Darshan! Can you hear me? Darshan!", She banged on the glass. She saw Darshan moved a little then looked at her.

"Darshan. Please try to open the door. Please!", Avni shouted.

Darshan's hand slowly went to the handle of the door and after a while he opened it. As he opened the door he feel to his right side. But Avni held him. His forehead was bleeding.

"Don't worry. You'll be fine.", Avni said. Darshan blinked twice then closed his eyes.

_

Darshan's eyelids slowly blinked open. He looked around and tried to remember what had happened some time ago.
He was laying on the bed of the hospital.

"How're you feeling?", The nurse asked.

"Better.", He replied.

"Don't worry nothing happened to you. Just a little cut on the forehead. Otherwise you're completely fine.", The nurse informed.

He sat up on the bed when he saw Avni walked into the room.
Their eyes met.

"How are you?", She asked slowly.

"Does that matter to you?", He replied in cold voice.

"You hate me so much, don't you?", She asked again.

He looked into her eyes and found they're wet.

"I hate fake peoples.", He said.
Avni smiled painfully with a node.

"I told you to leave. No Tujhe Toh Apni Bezzati Karwani Hai.", Disha came from behind.

"Lets go.", She left grabbing her hand. Now Samaira walked in.

"Why are you doing all these?", She questioned.

Darshan simply rolled off his eyes.

"She's not well Darshan. She is not. She is trying so hard to look good, strong from outside. But I know she's broken from inside. Yes it was her fault that she loved you so much."

"Yah that's why she lied to me.", He looked at her.

Samaira said nothing only raged in anger.

"Do you even know that she is the one who took you here? She saved your life. At least be a little grateful.", She hissed.

Darshan now remember how she saved him. For a split of a second he felt bad not in the next moment he remembered how she lied to him.

"I don't care Sam. Any other person would do that only.", He said.

"Any other person? But any other person didn't do that, she did. You're being such a dick."

Darshan's eyes went wide.

"You're. Trust me. Not today but one day you'll understand her value. Till then live with your misunderstandings and ego.", She rushed out of the room.

Darshan lowed his head and sat there still.