Chapter 4

Your POV

     I slowly backed into Ulric's room and closed the door. My face had an unreadable expression on it. I had my back against the door with my arms spread out as if to keep something out, and I was. I was keeping out those three goons from trying to make me turn evil.
I won't let them... I thought.
Suddenly I heard pounding of the door, "Glitter Soul, let me in!!"
It was Ulric.
     "Only if you call me by my real name, y/n!! There is no need to call me by my Glitter Force name!"
   "Fine! Y/n, let me in!"
     "What's the magic word," I said.
     Ulric sighed and said in a weary voice, "please?"
   I opened the door only to have Ulric fall on top of me. He was pinning me down.
I tried to get him off of me but he wouldn't budge.
"What's wrong with you? Get off of me," I said.
He was frozen in place practically.
I finally managed to squirm out from underneath him. I looked up and saw Brute and Brooha staring at me and Ulric. They looked at each other then put their heads together and began whispering.
Ulric on the other hand had finally gotten off the floor.
He sighed, rubbing the back of his neck and said, "well, the first thing we can do is get you a new outfit, there's no way you can join us if you're wearing bright purple..."
     I looked down at my outfit.
     Then I looked back at him, "Hey, I like purple!"
     "Well, I hope you like black, cause that's what you'll be wearing like it or not," Ulric said turning his back to me and leaving.
     "Black's ok I guess..." I muttered under my breath.
   I looked over at the other two goons standing there.
     "Uh, Brooha, why don't you show miss y/n her room?" Brute said.
     "Oh! Uh, sure right this way, y/n...". Brooha said turning in the opposite direction Ulric went in.
     My room is two doors down from Ulric's. I don't know why I needed to be escorted though, they could have just told me.
     I walked in and the first thing I noticed was that everything was white.
     "Oh uh, don't worry, it'll be painted once your evil outfit has been decided." Brooha said.
"I'd like to pick out my own outfit, thanks..." I said.
"We'll be picking it out because you'll choose something bright pink," Brooha said, and left the room closing the door behind her.
"I'll show them, I'll design my very own outfit!" I said, determined.

After about fifteen minutes Ulric came into my room with something in his arms.
"There's a thing called knocking y'know..." I said without turning to look at him.
"Here's your outfit once you've changed go and find Rascal, he needs to speak with you," Ulric said, ignoring what I had told him.
He left, setting the outfit on my bed. I unfolded the clothes and gasped, "Wow, they really meant it when they said I'd be wearing black...!"
Just about all the articles of clothing that had just been given to me were black, aside from a few dark complimentary colors that prohibited the outfit from being solid black.
I sighed and put it on. I couldn't remember the last time I wore this much black. 
It was probably at a funeral... I thought.
I remembered what Ulric said and I left to go find Rascal.
     I walked out of my room and looked around.
Cost is clear...
     I continued my search for Rascal.

I was wandering lots of long hallways and finally came to a giant open space. It was there where I found Rascal.
"Hello there, Glitter Soul, or should I say,   y/n..." Rascal said, turning to look at me.
I scowled, "What do you want?"
"Why the angry face? You should get used to me and the others, after all we'll be the ones looking after you..."
I looked down, "How could I possibly be happy about leaving my friends.... I've known them since elementary school..."
Rascal sneered, "You know you didn't like spending time with them, you figured that they were only letting you hang out with them because you were a member of the Glitter Force. You wanted to be alone but your fate intertwined with theirs... and now ours."
I closed my eyes. It was true. I never wanted any friends but they were just too nice to turn down. I tried to shove myself in to their friend group but I just didn't like it.
Rascal approached me, "It's time to move on, y/n, open up to your new life where you can get anything you want."
      "Sadly, that's not how life works... you're not supposed to be happy, just.... willing to stay in this world," I said looking down.
Rascal put an arm around me and leaned close to my ear and whispered, "Then make the best of it."
He turned and began to leave, but I stopped him, "is that all you seriously wanted to talk about?"
"Was there something you wanted to hear," Rascal said turning to look at me, eyes wide.
       I put my head down, "No..."
       Rascal sneered, and walked off. Was I really going to be happy here?