I'm Sorry

Italy couldn't calm down from shaking. Although he did manage to control his tears from falling and his frantics of muttering to himself. But right at that moment all he wanted to do was run away and hide and never come back as he saw what was in his hands. "Germany where did you get this?" He asked rather shakingly but anybody in that room could tell there was a lace of seriousness in his voice. The type of voice that didn't suite him.

"Umm.. I found it by coincidence in that field we were at yesterday" He said. He sounded like he wasn't faced by the sudden change of voice of Italy but deep down he was. His expression not much to tell from but if you knew him long enough you could tell his slightly change of his eye brows.

"And may I ask why were you there?" He asked. His hands gripping the package tightly, the marks already showing.

Japan could only stand and watch as everything unfolded. He was confused to say the least.

A field?.

Germany looked down. "When we were in the field, I could tell you had some kind of attachment to it. When you were looking at it you seemed sad in a way. So I went on my own this morning to check more on the place because I couldn't stop thinking about it and then I found this package in the middle of the grass. At first I thought on taking it to the police to help find its owner until I saw your name printed on it" Germany said rather carefully. Having a feeling he didn't want to see Italy mad and having to see the outcome.

Italy took a deep breath, a shadow above his eyes. And when he looked up they were opened.

Germany and Japan had no words.

They never seen Italy's eyes open except on some occasions but this. It made them wish he hadn't. Because right now there were met with emotionless, broken, disconsolated golden brown eyes.

Eyes that said 'I seen things you haven't'.

Italy again took a deep breath before looking at Japan's direction "Japan can I ask you for a favor?" He said, his voice sounding ever tired. Like he had hadn't had enough sleep for the past few weeks.

Japan hesitated but answered "Yes of course"

"Would you mind calling the Allies, including Canada and Prussia?. And can you call Romano and Spain as well?" He asked. "I have to tell all of you something and I need all of them in one room" He said as he kept gripping the package, almost seeming like the poor material was in pain.

"Hai" Japan said as he hurried to do what Italy had asked of him, while he had a bad feeling in his gut of whatever Italy wanted to tell them was anything but good. It was worse when he knew the Allies had to be involved.

When Japan had left to do the calls Italy had requested he then turned to Germany. At first it was silent none of the two didn't say a word until Germany spoke "What does America and the Allies have to do with this?" He asked while he pointed at the packet.

Italy didn't say a word and just stare.

"Answer me Italy" Germany said in a hard voice when Italy didn't say nothing.

Italy only shook his head. "I can not say anything until everyone is here" He said as he got up from the chair and went on ahead to his room. He didn't get to enter however as Germany had stopped him by holding on to his elbow and forcefully turning him around. Something he wouldn't have done a mere few moments ago if not for the sudden change of character in Italy. Germany didn't say anything but look at him, his eyes showing a pleading gesture, something he wouldn't show no one.

No one except him.

Italy.

The one and only person who wanted to be his friend since the first time they met. He hadn't had no one except Prussia to talk to, he wanted someone else to rely his life upon. He knew he had Japan too but it was different with Italy. He didn't feel the same as he did with Italy.

"Please, Italy." He said with a cracked voice. He felt broken somehow, he had a feeling he had let Italy go before. But he didn't know why exactly.

Italy only shook his head again. "I'm sorry" He said as he felt Germany letting loose his grip on him. As soon as he let him go he went to his room locking it from behind, without looking back, because if he did it will be harder for him than it already was.