On the Way

Footsteps were heard and a door was slammed opened almost causing a precious looking artifact of art to fall from its spot from the wall and into the floor.

Spain who had been sitting comfortably in his chair sipping coffee almost choked with it being in his mouth and spitting it out. He turned towards the sudden intruder and found Romano panting for air still in the doorway and looking towards the caught-off Spaniard.

Setting the newspapers he had in his hands and coffee on the table he went to see what made the Italian burst into his house all of a sudden and from the other side of the house.

"Roma? What's wrong?" As soon as he was close to him Romano simple grabbed his hand and dragged him all the way to his room. Once they got there he made sure to lock it secure. After making sure of that he closed off the windows as well, almost making it seemed it was already late afternoon when in reality it was just eleven in the morning. "Romano?" He was now seriously worried. He had never seen Romano act this way. Even when he was in front of the English army he always tried not to show his fear in front of them. But what worried him the most was when he had caught sight of a true frighten being in his eyes. The look he used to have when he was a small child, waking up at night and yelling for him to come and sleep with him. And he would run and be by his side as fast as he could go and put him back to sleep and he would watch him close his eyes once again. He would stay for the whole night the moment he had fallen asleep. He hated that look back then and still does to this day. The horrible memories he didn't want to remember now playing in his head.

He walked over to Romano who had been pacing none stop since they got there. His eyes, breath and senses were everywhere. Grabbing him by his forearm he turned him towards him and put his hands on both sides of his face making him look at him completely. "Romano, breath. It's alright. Am here, now tell me what's wrong? Why did we have to come here to your room?" It was a sad sight to see for him. It was like calming down a lost puppy for it to come with the person who had rescued him off the streets.

"I....I.......Feli.....He....." He took a deep breath, his eyes now changing from fear to braveness in an instant as if something had come into his mind and had changed his view on the situation. "Japan called to tell me about a package he had received. Feliciano told him to call the Allies and us to go to Japan's place. He didn't say exactly what for and that Feliciano will refuse to say anything unless we go there and been accounted for" He then turned away from Spain's eyes as if he couldn't hold his stare.

Spain was confused. "A package?"

Romano nodded turning to look at him but then he turned to faced away from him once again and said "I haven't told you this but I knew something like this was going to happen"

"You did?"

Romano sighed once again seeming tired of all the questions Spain was doing. "Yeah, I did. I have been having drea- no..... gleams of blood and bodies but that's not all," He turned towards Spain the look of determination back in his eyes. "I saw Feliciano and it wasn't a pretty sight. Do you know the opposite of the word happy?" He turned towards Spain once again his whole body as well.

"Broken" He said.

Spain was now not only worried for Romano but for Feliciano as well. Afraid of what Romano was going to say next.

"Exactly. And the sight I saw was not really my fratello at all" He went to sit in his bed right beside the suitcase he had prepared minutes before he went to get Spain from the kitchen, not really having the strength left in him to stand. The adrenaline was running through his veins but now it wasn't. Plus he hadn't really eaten anything at all and he didn't think he will eat anytime soon unless Spain really forced him to. "The sight I saw was him in his knees, crying. He was holding what seemed like a book. A book I know that brings him bad memories. And the bad thing is that it seemed so real like it had happened before but I couldn't do anything about it"

Romano clench his hands on to the blanket of his bed.

"Feliciano needs us. I know the potato bastard is there, but for once I want to be able to do something for my small brother. Am South Italy, damm it!!"

Romano felt like going insane right then and there when he felt a pair of warm and strong arms encircle him into a hug.

"And you are," Spain whispered. "You are Italy as well and you will be there for him. And we know he'll gladly take your help as his older brother" He felt like crying. He didn't like that Romano was beating himself for that and thinking of himself as useless. It was breaking his old heart down into pieces. Spain let go of Romano and looked him in the eyes. "We will go there but only if you eat something, you ran from your room to the kitchen in pure adrenaline and I don't want you to suddenly collapse on the way over. I'll talk to my Bosses and get a private jet set up, okay?" He kissed his forehead, a small gesture that was meant to say 'don't worry'. And surprisely Romano lean into it, Spain being careful of his curl as he then ruffled his hair.

"Please cheer up Romano. Everything will be okay" The smile that Spain cast was enough to even put one on Romano's face and making Spain's smile grow even more. "There, that's it! Now come on. I'll make you anything you want for breakfast and then be on our way" Spain pulled Romano's hand and before he knew it they were back in the kitchen. Romano already sitting in front of the table as Spain got ready to make him something to eat.

He looked at him for a moment as Spain wondered off to the fridge and then back to the stove. His body moving in a smooth way already knowing what to do next like he had become a custom to it. And Romano sometimes wondered how Spain hadn't left his side like other people did. He was always there for him when he most needed him and he was thankful.

Thankful that he had someone to look out for him when no one else wanted to in the first place.

Behind Spain's back he smiled at the man who had been by his side for a long time.

"Thanks" He whispered. And as he did a plate of food was set in front of him and he begun to eat, not really caring if he looked like he hadn't eaten in days. He would never admit it to him but he was always and will forever be thankful for him and for existing in the first place.

Okay soo........ Here it is? Hope u enjoyed! Don't worry nothing bad will happen😄😃😀😊☺😐😶.............

Comment down what you think and vote guys! I see that people r reading this but arent voting 💔 that makes me kinda sad..... So vote! Type in what u think I love to read your comments it always brings a smile on my face when I do so i ll see ya in the next chapter

Ciao~ ^J ^