• chapter 15 •

Lisa's Pov
-

I stare at the letter in disbelief. I read it once more, and then again, still thinking my eyes are deceiving me. This will be the sixth time I've read it now, and the shock is still evident as it resonates through my body.

'It is with great honour that we would like to offer you a spot on YG's trainee program...'

Tears sting my eyes, as I feel an overwhelming sense of joy course through me. Elated doesn't even describe the emotions I'm feeling right now. My parents congratulate me for the umpteenth time, showering me with compliments, as I stare at their faces on the screen of my laptop. Annoyingly, I'm living this moment without the accompaniment of anyone with me. Instead, I smile at my parents on facetime, as my mum starts to cry.

"Pranpriya, I want nothing more than for you to be in Thailand with us." My Dad cradles my mum in his arms as she speaks, "I know you're out there to pursue your dreams, and we'll be back as soon as Grandma feels better."

"Ma, I understand, and I miss you both but Grandma is more important right now, maybe I can visit over the holidays?" They nod approvingly, "but please don't cry ma, it's breaking my heart."

My mum wipes her tears away and smiles. We chat about our lives for a while, but they usher me to get some rest before school the next morning. Saying goodbye feels harder when you're not sure when you'll talk again. They're so busy with work, and looking after Grandma, who's fallen quite ill, on top of the timezones makes it near impossible to catch each other. Nonetheless, I put on a brave face as I wave goodbye.

My sadness turns to excitement, as I think about all the people I have to share all this great news with. Wondering if Chae and Jennie got letters too and whether it's wise for me to ask, in case they haven't. I think of Bambam and how he may react but I'd be a fool if I was to lie and say that I couldn't wait to tell Jungkook.

Upon reading the letter initially, my mind had gone to him. What he'd say, what he'd do. But I'm reminded of the fact that his dream is like mine, and how tough it must be to be living under the roof of someone who doesn't support that. In that sense, I felt a pang of guilt upon receiving the letter, which had subsided when I saw my parents faces but had quickly returned after the call ended.

I jump slightly at the notification alert from my phone, and I pick it up to reveal a group chat message.

Chae
so have any of yall heard from YG or anything...

Lisa
maybe...
you?

Jen
might have...

Chae
possibly...
WAIT SO WE ALL HAVE, YALL GOT LETTERS TOO?!

Lisa
HOLD THE PHONE, REALLY?!

Jen
HOLY SHIT WE ALL GOT ASKED FOR REAL?!

Chae
OMGOMGOMG

Lisa
I'm so proud of us wtf!!!

The chat seems to last an eternity, with us gawking over the future that awaits us. The glee very apparent in us, as we chat about the possibilities that trainee life may hand to us.

Lisa
Should i tell Jungkook?

Chae
Why wouldn't you?

Jen
Yeah, won't he be happy for you?

I internally facepalm as I realise that neither Jennie or Chaeyoung know about Jungkook's situation with his father. I feel conflicted as I fight myself, trying to decide whether or not to tell him. I then remember how easily we talked about it waiting for the fireworks, the genuine happiness I felt radiate of him, as I could sense he was excited for me to possibly be offered a place. I also realise that this is a moment I want to share with Jungkook because I like him.