• chapter 2 •

Jungkook's Pov
-

"F."

"F for?"

"F for failing, Jungkook." My maths teacher sighs as he wades through the numerous failed tests in front of him.

"I'll get my grades up, I promise." I plea in hopes this'll just be brushed under the rug.

"You don't have a choice if you want to compete alongside your teammates." A frown knits onto my brows.

"What are you saying?"

"Well, you're currently failing Maths and your Science grade is barely keeping to a D. You're failing two of the core 3 subjects. You must have a way with words Mr.Jeon, as your English grades are phenomenal," He smiles weakly at me before proceeding to say, "but unfortunately I can't allow you to continue on the track team this season as you're not meeting the current requirements."

"Shit," I mutter, realising how this is going to cost me "Mr.Lee, I don't think you understand, I need to be on the track team, I'm their ace!"

"Language Mr.Jeon, need I remind you that I'm your senior and teacher. I know track means a lot to you Jungkook, so my suggestion is to hire a tutor or have a fellow classmate help you with your endeavours. If you're up to it, I can suggest a couple of students that are excelling in both Maths and Science."

I lean back in my chair and heave a sigh of frustration, it's definitely going to dent my pride being tutored by someone. Yet here I am failing and out of options.

"Who do you suggest?" I need track to appease my Dad, and keep him off my back, so I'll just have to swallow my pride.

He reads down a list of possible options, each person as unappealing to me as the last.

Until a suggestion is made, that doesn't sound so bad.

-

"Lalisa Manoban."

I lean against the lockers as she shuts hers before she turns to face me with a look of disapproval.

"I'm busy Jungkook, I can't fulfil any needs you may currently have." She turns to walk away but I grab her arm just before she can escape.

"Yah, what I need is to talk to you, at least hear me out " A scowl graces her face but nevertheless she turns fully around to face me again, "As I was trying to say, I need to ask you a favour, that isn't to do with my... sexual needs."

"And what makes you think I'd help you?" She raises an eyebrow but I'd already planned this far.

"You haven't even heard my proposition yet. What if what I was to say, could benefit you too?"

She paused, digesting the information, lost in thought, slightly biting her plump lips, bating her eyes unintentionally, showcasing her doll-like eyes, I hadn't actually realised how pretty she was. Pretty would be a fucking understatemen-

"Errm Jungkook?"

"Shit...er, what?" I clear my throat, as I shake off my previous thoughts.

"You just zoned out on me, if you'd have been listening, you would've known that I am interested in what you have to offer, so go on before I get bored, I do have better things to be doing." Her eye roll suggested I didn't have much time.

"Look as you know I'm not the best at maths or science, if I don't get my grades up then I can't be on the track team anymore. Mr.Lee, just told me that they have to take me out of the season for the time being. So this is where you come in."

"Mmm" her eyes narrow at me.

"What I need from you, is for you to tutor me."

"Jungkookie~ poor baby bunny! As heart wrenching as that all sounds I'm going to have to pass, I have a lot on my plate already." she waves me off but I dash round her, to cut in front of her path.

"Lali, baby" I slink my arm round her back and lessen the space between us, and lean closer to whisper next to her ear, "I really need this okay? Now would you be a doll and listen to the rest of what I have to say?" She pushes me away slightly but I don't let my grip on her go.

"You have a minute of my time." I smile as she gives me another frustrated glare.

"If you tutor me you'll get extra credit, something that'll make you stand out against other applicants to agencies, no? Like JYP, YG? I know you're an avid dancer Lali, captain of the dance team and I know you have that competition coming up. Luckily for you I have a few contacts that may come in your favour?"

"I'm sure I can put in a good word for you. Who knows maybe I can even help you out in the dance department."

"You? Dancing? This I have to see." She laughs

"You'd be surprised baby, I didn't that good~ rhythm in bed from just anywhere." I pretend to flex and she stifles a small snicker, "plus, you might be talker to a former idol-trainee here."

A shocked expression momentarily resonates on her face, it soothes out and she looks somewhat impressed.

"So what do you say? Can you help me?" She looked as though she was struggling to come to a decision, "and plus... I'm home alone a lot, so if tutoring gets too hard for you, we can relieve some stress."

At that, she slaps my chest as though coming to her senses. I laugh and she does too, and it feels different to be talking and it not having any malicious or sexual intent. But... a good different.

"You're insufferable Jungkook, but..." pulling me by my tie and she leans forward, "I accept."

I stumble back when she pushes me off her, but manage to maintain my balance, and she chuckles at my startled state.

"Give me your phone then, arsehole."

I scoff and hand over my phone, and watch as she taps in her digits, then hands it back to me.

"Text me the details, see you round, bunny boy."

I run my hands through my hair as I watch her toned figure strut out of school, unbeknownst to the wide smirk that had now graced my face.

-

A/N:
Long-time no see
Sorry exams are coming up but today was my rest day, so I thought why not update
Hope you enjoyed, not my finest work but hey ho
See yah chums