• chapter 11 •

Jungkook's Pov
-

I have barely been able to catch Lisa since her recovery, she's been so busy with practice, not waiting for one second as soon as she felt better. I don't know whether I admire her perseverance, or want to scold her stubbornness. But I'm pretty sure she'd sass me if I tried to scold her, so I keep my thoughts safely to myself like.

"This is some whipped ass culture right here." Taehyung looks and points at the bouquet of flowers in my hand disapprovingly, "never thought you'd get like this over a girl."

I wanted to wish her luck before the competition in a few hours, so I bought white roses, as she had mentioned those were her favourites. 

"Hyung I fucked up bad, I didn't realise I wanted her so much, so I've got to fix it somehow. Besides it's not like I've seen you playing the field since Jennie started giving you attention." I raise an eyebrow questioningly, as he scratches his head and diverts his eyes.

"Well, at least I'm not begging at her feet with some stupid things that'll go dead in a week."

"Well maybe if you were, you'd be in a steady relationship by now." I grin wildly as Jimin chimes in, after being absent from the conversation, as he had been busy texting someone. Most likely Chaeyoung as they have become somewhat closer recently.

Telling Jimin and Taehyung about my feelings for Lisa, was something I should've done a long time ago; it would've saved all the shit I have to undergo now. I could have had her by my side by now, I'd get to kiss her freely, claim those lips that I so desperately want to kiss every time I'm near her. Unfortunately, my stupidity took over, but I'm not giving up on us any time soon.

-

I look through the glass door to the studio before I decide to knock. As I enter, I see Sehun and Lisa engaged in conversation, Lisa giggling at something he had just said. The room, however, falls silent when they acknowledge my presence.

"Anneong." Sehun smirks as he bows, I reluctantly return the gesture.

"May I steal Lisa for a moment?" I glare, my eyes boring into his smug face.

"Sure, she's all yours," he swiftly plants a quick kiss on her cheek, which surprises even her as she jumps slightly at the gesture, "Good luck today, I'll be watching."

His shoulder brushes past mine purposely on his exit. I scoff at his arrogance but shake it off. He's not what's important here.

"Lali." I walk closer, but she steps backward

"Hello, Jungkook." She says plainly, making a sigh escape my lips.

"How are you feeling?"

"Nervous, but that's a given, I'm more excited though if anything. I'm ready to show them what I've got." She smiles triumphantly, making my stomach do all sorts of somersaults.

"Aishh what're you doing to me," I mutter lowly, smiling in disbelief of her effect on me.

"Sorry, I didn't catch what you said?"

"I said you're going to be great, I know it." I lie, "You don't need luck or gifts but I did buy you some flowers as a token of good luck." I hand her the flowers I had positioned behind my back.

"You're right I don't need luck," my smile wavers, "but I'll never say no to gifts, especially white roses!" She takes the flowers from my hands and her beam widens.

"I'm glad you like them." I grin as she seems utterly infatuated with the roses as she smells them.

"Like them? Kook these are my faves!" Kook. My heart thumps against my ribcage as she calls me by my nickname. Something she hasn't done in so long.