19

Yuna

Today is your 2nd death anniversary. I brought a flower. A sunflower. Like you gave me before. You know, I kept that flower and it was still in our garden in our backyard. Looking healthy and beautiful as always.

I also cleaned your gravestone. Sweeping away the dirt that covered everything, when it was cleaned it looked better.

Those will not be as hard right now if you're here. I'm not even surprised if you're suddenly here–

"Hey"

"Okay woah woaH WOAH! You did not just do that!" I screamed, shocked at the person suddenly sitting beside me.

"Well you commanded me, and didn't you say you wouldn't even be surprised?"

"I- I thought- I missed you"

I couldn't pass the opportunity. Ghost or not, he's here. He's really here. I hugged him, and it felt amazing, guess he wasn't a ghost after all.

He returned the hug and it went for about minutes before we parted.

"You're still beautiful" He caressed my cheeks my I felt I'm tearing up. I'm seeing him very clearly, like he's never dead. "I've missed you too"

We stayed in front of his gravestone. Letting in the comfortable silence. I lean over his shoulders and he leans his head over mine.

"You're probably wondering why I'm here"

"There's many reasons, right?"

"Yeah"

"Let me hear it"

"Of course the most obvious reason is that because I love you, and I wanted to see you so bad after all these years"

I blushed. Thankfully, he didn't notice.

"Next is that because you said something to trigger my thoughts, and maybe my soul, to come back from the dead. I don't really know how death works" He chuckles and continued.

"I always wanted to take you on a cruise ship, like that movie Titanic"

"Oh, and you wanted us to sink?"

"That wasn't the point" He laughed but I only rolled my eyes.

"Okay okay, please continue"

"And I wanted to take you to the funland in Ilsan. Do you remember that time?"

"Of course how could I forget my best friend pushed me into the really big ballpit and just laugh in front of my sinking face?"

"You're face is funny"

"Ha ha"

"I also wanted to know... why didn't you contact me?"

"I knew this would be coming, but alright. I didn't contact you after we moved out because you may already know that my dad is a police officer. There's a murderer on the loose and that murderer knows me and my dad. Dad had no choice but to keep me in a safe place, and guess what? He literally put me in a stranger's house! Technically, he knows the guy, but I don't know that guy so I was also in panic! Being the scared little me, I cried and I remember calling your name several times before the stranger hushed me and calm me down"

"You called my name?"

"Of course, you're my best friend, right?"

"Sorry I didn't get to you when you were calling m–"

"No, it's okay, I just thought that time maybe when I call your name, you will magically be going inside the stranger's house and save me"

"But it didn't happen"

"I know. But really, it's fine. We were kids then. Oh! And dad took away my gadgets, especially my phone where your number was saved in. I couldn't remember your number after that, neither was dad's because he got a new phone. His phone was smashed when they were chasing the murderer downtown"

"Where's the murderer now?"

"The murderer is still in jail. Sentenced for 15 years. It murdered quite a lot of people"

"Do you remember anyone of it's victims?"

"I do remember there was three guys. Their names were Min Yoongi, Park Jimin, and Kim Taehyung. Those guys were going home from work when the murderer attacks them three. The main goal was only one, but then the two would've ran away and told the police, so it had no choice"

"Wow, how unmerciful"

"Yeah, and the murderer was younger than us, can you believe that?"

"Who's the guy?"

"Ah, ah ah, girl"

"Whoa, a girl? What's her name?"

"Choi Tzuyu"

"Familiar name..."

"Whoa! You're floating!"

"Oh no, guess my time is up"

"Wait– can I get a k-kiss?"

"Why are you so cute?"

You suddenly kissed me, and for the first time ever, my first kiss was taken by my own best friend, who's a ghost or maybe on a another level.

The kiss was slow and passionate. Nice and all I could remember was how your lips matches to mine. How I wish I could do this more often with you.

"Bye Yuna, and please find another guy to love, but always remember that I'm watching you all the time, from your heart and from above... or ground, I still don't know where I'm going, but– Ow! That hurt okay!"

"It's just birds, Namjoon, they're not doing anything wrong, you're floating above, and that's wrong!"

"Okay, but remember my words Yuna! Bye! I love you with all my heart!"

"I love you too, Namjoon! Forever and always"

I cried as I watched my beloved best friend ascended into heaven, or maybe hell when he will not be accepted above. Smiling as he was still ascending, my shoulder was tapped by someone, I look to my left and saw a guy smiling.

Did he saw Namjoon and I talking and he floating above?

"Hey, um, you're friends with Kim Namjoon?" The guy asked.

"Uh, yeah, you could say that"

"Really? Wow, I never knew Namjoon would have a beautiful friend!"

He smiled and a blush crept onto my face and looked down, didn't know what to say.

"I'm Jung Hoseok by the way, what's yours?"

"Lee Yuna. Nice to meet you Hoseok"

"Hope we can be great friends!"

"You're always happy aren't you?"

"I always am, Namjoon taught me that. Since I heard that he died, I wasn't happy obviously, but shit happens, you know? But I hope he goes to heaven or he will rot in hell"

And that's where my story ends.