1

The cold New York air hit me like a ton of bricks. Me, being named Marilyn. Marilyn Monroe Scott that was. I was named after 'the Marilyn Monroe', my parents idolized her from the beginning. I grew up in a modern yet lavish lifestyle. Having my every need met from a young age, my non-condoned journey to New York from Venice, Italy, where I had spent the majority of my life, became the ground breaker that I was told to be aware of. I grew up being the youngest of many successful entrepreneurs known around the world. A successful brother, Geraldo, the CEO of the top airline company known to man. Another brother, Harold, the owner of the famous franchise of the National Basketball Association, also known as the NBA. I have two sisters Cara and Gisele. Cara went on to become a very famous and known model across the world when Gisele moved to Paris, France with her husband, of four years and became an aspiring fashion designer.

My parents, Christopher and Emerald, always strived for their five children to be the best at their every desire. We were enrolled into the top schools in the world, my father making it possible that was. During my teenage years I learned multiple languages at once, met top fashion designers, and met with the top model agencies in the world.

Growing up I was always different from my siblings, them excelling to do great things and become top executives in the world; and me striving to live a normal life without the glam or having everything that she desired handed to her. But I wanted to work for every penny that I earned, every accomplishment headed my way. I desired this, saw it as a new beginning, but my parents saw it as stupid mockery of what they had worked for. They believed that this was an ungrateful action of all the opportunities that they had opened up for me.

Our relationship had become strained when I first proclaimed her wish to move to New York by herself. At first, my parents thought it was a good idea, that was because they thought that I'd venture out into the modeling business along with my older sister, Cara. But when news broke that I was planning to venture out to the Big Apple to pursue a career in art, they backed out immediately.

I've been living in New York for about 5-6 years now. My relationship with my parents has become completely and fully strained, but I have managed to stay in contact with my older brothers and sisters. I now work at a small café making a living, I live in my own apartment in downtown Manhattan with the help of my oldest brother Geraldo, who lives in upstate New York with his wife and two kids, Anthony and Christine. I also go to school. I'm enrolled in New York University, also known as NYU. I'm a graduate from last year, but I've gone back to get my masters in the arts.

Comment, Vote, Share, and Enjoy!!