Chapter 20

Natalie's POV

I'm at home already, when suddenly, our doorbell rang and of course, it means that someone's outside. So I opened the door and it showed Kristoff and his mom.

"Hey Aunt May!", I said as I hugged her.
"Hey sweetie!!!", she said as she hugged me back.

My mom suddenly came out from the kitchen as she saw her best friend, which is Kristoff's mom.

"Cynthia!!", Kristoff's mom shouted as she gave my mom a hug.
"I missed you!", my mom said.

So the four of us ate dinner and just talked together, and of course, it made me bored. And after we ate dinner, my mom toured Aunt May around our house while I went to the bathroom to wash my face.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Cynthia's POV

As the mother of Natalie, of course it's also my responsibility to take care of her.

"Hey, why don't you show me Natalie's room?", May asked me.
"Sure!", I said.

We went inside my daughter's room, and while I was waiting for her to respond while looking around, I suddenly caught her holding Natalie's necklace, the one that her childhood friend gave her.

"Uhhh..... who owns this, Cynthia?", May asked me.
"My daughter, why?", I said.
"You see, my son would always mention that this necklace is like the one that he gave to his childhood friend.", she said.

But while we are talking, Natalie suddenly came in inside her room.

"Uhhh.... that's my necklace, I think I should wear it now.", she said.
"Natalie, who gave that to you?", I asked her.
"My childhood friend who has the same name as Kristoff, why?", my daughter asked.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Natalie's POV

I'm so confused right now. Why are they touching this? No one is supposed to touch my necklace.

"Hon, I think you need to know something.", Aunt May said.
"Why?", I asked.
"You see.... my son, Kristoff has that same necklace like yours, and he would always mention that necklace everytime we're eating dinner, and he said that same necklace your holding, well, he gave it to his childhood friend.", Aunt May said.
"Then, if he would sometimes mention this necklace, then that means.....", I said but I didn't finish my sentence.
"You're his childhood friend.", Aunt May said.
"But why? I didn't know about this, because my childhood friend left me before because he's going to study in California.", I said.
"Kristoff is your childhood friend! I'm the one who told him that he needs to leave because he's going to study in California.", Aunt May said.
"Why???!!!", I said as I cried with tears falling from my eyes.
"Honey, I know my son is mad at you, but it's not too late to fix everything! You can fix this, I will help you!", Aunt May said.
"Thanks, Aunt May!", I said.
"Wear that necklace.", she told me.

I wore my necklace around my neck as I went to find Kristoff. When I got downstairs, I saw him sitting on the sofa.

"Kristoff, we need to talk!", I said.
"About what? I have nothing to talk about with you!", he said.
"You need to know something!", I said.
"What?! I don't care!", he said.
"I'M YOUR CHILDHOOD FRIEND!!! And if you're not going to believe me, then here's my proof!", I said.

I took my necklace out as I showed it to him while it's around my neck.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kristoff 's POV

I'm in the verge of tears already. She's my childhood friend all this time?! Why?! I didn't know about this!

"Do you think I'll believe you?", I said coldly.
"Why?! Why is it hard for you to believe me?", she said.
"Because you rejected me!", I said as I grabbed her hair while she winced in pain.
"I know I rejected you, but the truth is already in front of you! I know you never tried to hurt me before but why did you this?", she said.
"JUST STOP!!!", I said.

I slapped her hardly after I said that.Well that's what she needs to learn after rejecting me!

"Kristoff stop, don't hurt her!!!", my mom shouted.
"Why?! Why are you telling me this?!", I said.
"You can't hurt her because she's your childhood friend!", my mom explained.

My anger flew away when I heard what she said. It's too late already, I slapped her hardly. I never tried to hurt her before, but this is the first time I did this to her. And now, she's suffering. She's holding her left cheek that became so red because that's the part where I slapped her. I suddenly cried after hearing the truth.

"Why?! Why is it hard for you to believe Natalie?! She already told you everything, but you didn't believe her, but instead, you slapped her! But when I was the one who told you the truth, you believed me, why?!", my mom said as she walked away.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Natalie's POV

I feel so, so betrayed!!! My childhood friend never did this to me, but this is the first time he did it! It really hurts that the fact he didn't believe me even though I'm telling the truth.

"Natalie..... I'm sorry!", Kristoff said as he caressed my cheeks.
"NO!!!! You jerk, stay away from me!", I shouted but he held my wrist tightly.
"Please, just forgive me!", he said while I slapped him hardly.
"You never did this to me before, but this is the first time you did it on purpose!! I'll never forgive you, Kristoff!", I said as I stormed away.

I went inside my room and cried. I never expected that Kristoff will do this to me on purpose. I did not know that he's my childhood friend all this time?!

"Why?! Why did you do this to me?!", I whispered.