Chapter 24

Natalie's POV

Today's the day where Kristoff and his mom will move here in my house to live with us, and I'm not ready for it. And I just hope nothing bad will happen to the two of us today, and by the way, today's Saturday.

"Honey, be ready! Kristoff and his mom are about to arrive!", my mom said.
"Yes mom!", I replied.

After a few minutes, Kristoff and his mom finally arrived. Now I'm feeling a little bit uncomfortable already, just because I'm now living with my childhood friend.

"Hey May!", my mom said as she greeted her bestfriend.
"Cynthia, it's nice to see you again!", Kristoff's mom said.
"I'll be going already, please look after my daughter.", my mom said.
"I will!", Kristoff's mom said.

After my mom left, I went inside my room to get something and after that, I got out of my room when suddenly, Kristoff approached me.

"Natalie, can we talk?", he asked me.
"We have nothing to talk about, ok?", I said as I walked past him but he blocked me again.
"Please, just this once?", he begged.
"No, I'm sorry.", I said.

I tried to walk away from him, but this time, he suddenly grabbed my wrist tightly and his fingers are like poking inside my skin and it hurts.

"Kristoff, please, let me go if you don't want us to fight.", I said calmly so that, his mom won't hear us.
"You're really not going to forgive me, huh?!", he said coldly.
"Kristoff, stop!", I said as I winced in pain because his nails are poking my skin.
"Please, just forgive me.", he said as he begged.
"Will I forgive you if you're being like this?", I said but this time, he grabbed and pulled my hair.
"Look if you don't want us to fight, then stop being like this to me!", he said.
"Kristoff, stop!", someone shouted from behind.

He suddenly let go of me because his mom suddenly warned him at the back when she arrived to stop him from hurting me.

"Kristoff, stop!", his mom said as he approached me.
"How can I stop?! When, if the two of us are ok already?", he said.
"Look, Natalie will only forgive you if your attitude is ok already.", his mom said.

Aunt May guided me to my room carefully as she sat beside me on my bed and talked about what happened between me and Kristoff.

"Honey, what happened?", she asked me.
"He asked me when will we be ok again.", I said as I was in the verge of tears already.
"I'll try to talk to him, but for now, you need to rest.", she said.
"Yes Auntie May.", I said as a tear fell from my eye.
"Don't cry, sweetheart! It's not your fault! I'm sure you and Kristoff will be ok again soon.", she said.
"I hope so.", I said.
"Don't cry right now. Go and take some rest.", she told me as she left.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Kristoff 's POV

I was in the verge of tears already. How will I fix this?! I know that Natalie needs me, because no one will protect her from Adrian and Hannah.

"Can we talk?", my mom suddenly came in.
"Sure.", I said.
"Do you really need to hurt Natalie like this so that the two of you will be ok again?", she asked me seriously.
"Mom.....", I was about to explain but she stopped me.
"No! That's not the way on how you fix your problems with her!", she said.
"I know that, mom.", I said.
"You're abusing her, Kristoff! You've never done this to her ever since the two of you are young!", she said.
"I know mom, I'm sorry!", I said.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Natalie's POV

I'm just here inside my bedroom, staring at the ceiling, when I suddenly thought about my dad. My dad passed away when I was 10 and he was the bravest man I've ever knew. He thought me how to be brave and be smart, and he also tought me how to be kind to others.

"Dad, I need you. I hope you're still here with me even though I'm already a grown up.", I said.