i'll catch you anytime

Nicky Harper
this one will be in nicky's pov :)

i ran outside the small cottage we were staying in. i was at summer camp together with the other kids from my school. i was a having a good time since i keep stealing glances from y/n from time to time. i know it sounds creepy but it's really just me admiring how she looks really pretty even in her baggy school p.e uniform.

"hey, take a picture! it last longer." i quickly turned around and saw ricky. he winked at me as he looked at y/n. she was currently with dawn and mae talking and smiling.

"oooh, someone's inlovee." dicky teased in a sing song voice as he poked my cheeks. i slap his hand off.

"don't touch me!" i said a loud as i heard footstep come behind us.

"hey guys, what are you talking about?" my head snapped as i recognized the voice. it was y/n, legitly talking to us, i gave a short chuckle before admiring her presence.

"oh we were just talking about how nicky-" dicky started and i slapped my hand over his mouth.

"how i wanted to do some activities." i smiled nervously as dawn gave me a 'really' look with her arms crossed.

"yeah, sure, activities." ricky said sarcastically rolling his eyes.

"why not? i heard there's some army stuff over there and i was planning on going but dawn and mae wasn't up for it-" y/n started and i cut her off.

"i'm up for it!" i said quite immediately. i saw dawn and ricky smirking at the corner of my eyes.

"great! see, i told you it's going to be fun." y/n said to mae and dawn. they both shook their heads. "come on, you guys can come too! let's go mae." she added as she grabbed mae's hand and mae had no choice but to follow.

"you do know that you suck at athletics right?" dawn said raising her eyebrow. i sighed as i looked down on the ground.

"i know." i said before running off, trying to avoid any possible way they could embarrass me.

i saw y/n and mae racing from the start and jumping around the small fences. y/n was really fast as if she was used to all of the parkour stuff. i looked at her amazed as she passed through the tangled ropes and ended in front of us as she panted heavily.

"i thought you didn't follow." she laughed still catching her breath. her hair tied into a messy ponytail as small beads of sweat roll down her forehead.

"we wouldn't miss it." dawn said wrapping her arm around me, i looked at her and she wiggled her eyebrows.

"let's climb ropes!" y/n said excitedly as she ran over to the ropes that you had to climb and go down. "hey dawn, race you to the top?" she winked and dawn immediately started, i heard her chuckle.

i watched dawn and y/n race to the top. dawn was taking the lead but y/n reached dawn's pace. they were both racing to the top and i could barely see who got on top first.

"i win!" dawn said as she raised her fist in the air.

"no you didn't, i did!" y/n argued as she crossed her arms.

"race you to the bottom then!" dawn challenged and i saw y/n smirk. the both of them going down the ropes.

i looked at them very closely and i saw that y/n foot was going to step on a wrong rope that might cause her to fall.

"Y/N!! NO!" i yelled immediately but she stepped the same time. i ran towards her aiming for her landing, i opened my arms as i felt my back hit the ground.

i shut my eyes and groaned as i felt my body getting heavy. i opened my eyes and saw y/n on top of me. i also heard her groans in pain.

"are you okay?" i said, aware that my voice sounded a bit husky because of the fact that i was in pain.

"oh my god, nicky. are you okay? are you hurt? i'm so sorry!" she started panicking as she looked at me, her hands brushing against my face looking for any damage, i chuckled at the close contact we had.

"i'm fine, down worry about it." i said with my hands against the ground. she might have noticed our position and stood up, her cheeks blushing. i smiled.

"uh, we're gonna eat for a while." dawn said pointing behind her. she wiggled her eyebrows at me before dragging my brothers.

"we are?" dicky said but got hit by dawn before he could say something else. it was only me and y/n together now.

"thanks for, uh, catching me when i fell." she said as she dug her hand on her pockets and i found it cute when she smiled nervously.

"i'll catch you anytime." i said and she smiled widely. i didn't know what was going on in her head but i was sure enough that she was going through mine.

"even when i'm falling for you?" y/n said and my eyes widened. my lips instantly parted in shock, did i misheard that?

"w-wait, wh-hat?" i let out a breathey question. she looked down at the ground and looked up at me, her bright eyes sparkled.

"i like you, nicky. i always have, i think i'll always will." she shrugged her shoulders in embarrassment. "i didn't want to tell you because you might not feel the same way but-" i cut her off by giving her a hug.

"i like you too, y/n. a lot." i exclaimed and i felt her hands raise behind me, pulling ne deeper into the hug.

"awh, that's so sweet." we pulled away and saw dawn with the others who were smiling and giving faces in awe.

"guys-" i started.

"right! uh i'm still hungry, let's grab something." dawn said pulling on my brothers.

"again!?" dicky said rolling his eyes. i chuckled at him and faced y/n once again.

she smiled at me, her eyes were staring at my green ones. her eyes were perfect, i could get lost in them and i wouldn't regret it. her lashes were long and natural eyebrows made her eyes pop even more, her cute nose and pink lips that made me imagine how it felt like kissing them.

i guess the thought got the best it me and i grabbed her waist, closing the space between us as i placed my right hand on her cheek. her hands came up to my shoulders and i pulled her to me connected my lips on her.

i was right, her lips were as soft as i expected them and the vanilla chapstick made her lips taste like marshmallows. my heart was beating faster than i expected as if i did a whole lap around the town. i smiled through our kiss and i felt her smile too. we pulled away and i looked into her eyes.

"i want to call you mine." i whispered and she chuckled.

"then do it. i'm yours." she said.