prom night

Nicky Harper
his pov ;)

"hey, y/n! can you help me with this?"

i shouted, struggling to get my tie perfectly straight in my suit. i have been trying to get this to knot and it's just not happening, prom will be starting in a few minutes and i'm still not done with myself.

"what now, nicky?" a frustrated y/n came in, her heels clicking hardly on the carpet floor. i turned around.

"woah." i said, clearly stunned as she stood there in a perfect light blue off-shouldered gown. her hair curled into waves as she kept her make up natural.

at this point, i was stuck staring at her. i was admiring her beauty. she was perfect, i mean, she is perfect even if she doesn't have a gown on. her simple gray sweatpants and oversized hoodie she always steals from my closet fits her adorably. anything she wears, anything she does, she's perfect.

"nicky! what do you need help with? we're running late!" y/n said in an impatient tone, i snapped back into reality.

"yeah, uh, i have a problem with my tie." i quickly said and she rolled her eyes, moving forward close to my face as she did my tie.

"why can't you boys do anything by yourselves?" she mumbled, i looked at her. her eyes looking down as i got a perfect view of her long lashes, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear so that she could focus on fixing my tie.

i couldn't take my eyes off her. every single detail of her face attracted me even more. the highlight on her nose, the pinkish blush on her cheeks and that pink lipstick on her soft lips, tempting me to take a quick peck.

"there!" she said, hitting my chest slightly. her eyes caught my green orbs as i gave her a small smile. she looked at me, tilting her head as she licked her lips.

i glanched at her lips, her eyes slowly gazing at mine. i felt my hand touch hers, pulling her closer to my face, i didn't take my eyes off of her lips as i leaned closer.

"hey, nicky, let's go- oh my god!" dawn shouted as she move away from the door.

y/n pulled away quickly, looking down at her feet as her cheeks flushed. i sighed, frustrated as i lost the chance to finally give her a clue that i like her. but dawn, blew it.

"i'll go to the car." y/n said before moving pass dawn, giving her an awkward look. i rolled my eyes placing my hand behind my neck as i looked at dawn.

"you guys- you guys almost- you almost kissed!" dawn said squealing, she jumped around in her red dress, i was suprised she hasn't fallen over her heels yet.

"almost." i whispered before shaking my head, passing her once again and into the car.

time skip was brought to you by Miss You, sang and composed by Trinity Rose and Aidan Gallagher (stream!!)

we arrived at the place. the drive was awkward, no one had spoken between the two of us, my siblings making a whole concert in the back seat. the whole time y/n was staring at the window, i wanted to hold her hand but she moved away before i could. i guess, i did miss my chance.

i sat down quietly at our table with my siblings together with mae and y/n. they were awfully quiet, only the music surrounding us while other students danced in the center.

"dawn, may i have a dance?" a boy said, reaching his hand over to dawn. she smiled widely before taking his hand, i looked at them as they danced in between the music.

"hi dicky! can you dance with me?" another girl asked dicky, he gave me a wink before standing up fixing his suit. i rolled my eyes at him.

"hey, i'm going to ask avery if she wants to dance." ricky said standing up, pushing his blonde hair back. i just nodded, i glanced over to y/n who was looking around.