that should be me

Nicky Harper

Tears went down my cheeks as I remembered the moments I had with the Harpers. I was moving away, my parents had a new job internship and they had to be there for about a decade and until then, we had to live in Toronto.

I looked back at the pictures me and the Harpers had. My heart hurts knowing that I never got the chance to tell Nicky how I felt about him. It had been 4 years and I'm already 15, tomorrow was my 16th birthday.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Analise said, rubbing my back in comfort.

I had a small group of friends. Analise, Denzel and Gabriel. They were all the people who had stayed close to me ever since I left the Harpers.

"I miss them." I said wiping a tear off my cheek. I felt Denzel sit down beside me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. I dug my head on his neck.

"You miss Nicky? The Harpers?" Denzel said and I could only nod. He knew how I felt with Nicky and how much pain I went on when I left.

"You know what, let's sing a song. You love music so you might brighten up." Gabriel said getting a guitar from the corner of my room and sat down in front of us.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,
I'll sail the world to find you.
If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,
I'll be the light to guide you.

Find out what were made of
When we are called to help our friends in need.

You can count on me like 1,2,3
I'll be there.
And I know when I need it I can count of you like 4,3,2
You'll be there
'Cause that's what friends are suppose to do
oh, yeah

"You're doimg great, honey." I looked up immediately to see Analise holding her phone on me, I laughed and covered my face.

"We don't do that, Ana!" I scolded at her as she pressed buttons on her phone.

"Posted!" She said looking at me. "Don't worry, you sound amazing!" Ana added and I shrugged.

Nicky Harper's POV

"She's changed so much." I heard Dawn mumbled through her phone. I looked up from my book and curled my eyebrows.

"Who?" I asked and saw Ricky and Dicky asking the same question with their eyes.

"Y/n." Dawn said and I instantly shot up rushing to her. She showed a video of Y/n singing 'Count on me' with a boy with brown hair and a guitar. The other boy with dirty blonde hair had his arms around her shoulder as they sung together.

"Woah." I simply said ignoring anything else.

"Nicky, you're dating Hayley." I simply groaned into Dicky's comment.

"I know that." I said acting as if it did cross my mind when all I could think about what Y/n.

"It's still Y/n, isn't it?" Dawn said in a suspicious voice and I didn't answer. The 3 of them shared looks before saying:

"Lay down!!"

Y/n's POV

"I don't have to wear this Ana!" I groaned as I tried to move in a really tight skirt she put me in. I'm not as skinny as her!

"Then what are you suppose to wear?! It's your birthday!" She exclaimed as I tried my best tugging off the skirt out of me.

"What I normally wear, it's my birthday!" I said and she sighed in defeat.

"Whatever you say, your Highness." She bows down before exiting my room. I sighed in relief.

Today was my birthday and it's currently 3PM. I'm having a pool party until 12 AM and only my close friends were invided which were the 4 of us. I took out my normal clothes and pulled out a swim suit for later.

I wore something simple (on top)  and headed down. Everyone was out at the backyard to get ready and I headed there. I saw four really big boxes.

"Woah, what's this?" I said looking at the boxes with my eyes mesmerized. Soon they were opened and my eyes widened at the sight of the Harpers. "Holy shi-" before I could finished my sentence I was tackled to the floor by all of them.

"We missed you so much." Dawn almost cried as I lay down on the ground with them in my arms.

"You don't know how hard it was that no one beat the boss level." Dicky cried and I laughed.

"You were the only one who taught me proper equations." Ricky said in my neck and I shook my head.

"Guys, get up." I laughed and they did as I said. I looked at Nicky who was staring at me as I lay down and he reached his hand, I grabbed it and he pulled me in quickly for a hug.

"I missed you." He whispered in my ear and I couldn't help but let my eyes tear up, I fought myself to not shed a tear.

I heard a fake cough and we pulled away from the hug. I looked over to a brunette girl in a tank top and black ripped jeans who glared at me.

"Uh.." Nicky started as nervous as he is. "This is Hayley," He said and she went over to me giving the fakest smile I could witness as she reached her hand.

"His girlfriend." And my heart sank at the words she said.