Moon

five hargreeves

Two years is both a short and long period of time. So many things could happen. The once empty grass lawn was now a garden of blooming flowers. The once lonely oak tree was now a place for families and friends to set their picnics. It was enough time for a student to finish college or apply in a new job.

But there are also times where everything changes and stays the same.

Just like now. Staring at the eyes of my lover, nothing has changed. I still feel the same flutter in my heart the first time our eyes met. Though his were different then.

Five would always pride himself for being cold and emotionless. A passive aggressive sarcastic asshole who glares and sends sarcastic smiles to everyone.

I say he's just a great actor.

He's not cold and emotionless, he's a human after all. He wouldn't come back in time to try and save his family if he was. He would have stayed in the Commission if he much so wants to.

People would ask, how was he able to have you? he doesn't deserve you.

Perhaps he doesn't. But I'm here not the less and I'll always be here.

"You always stare at my eyes, you know." Five said breaking away, his eyes now back to the book he was reading.

"You have beautiful eyes." I said, a small smile making its way on my lips. "It's a lot more beautiful when you look at me like that."

"Like what?" He dares, looking back intensely this time.

I chuckled, "Like you're falling in love with me again."

It was his turn to chuckle this time. Closing his book in hand, letting it fall on his lap. He raised an eyebrow at me before continuing, "I already love you enough. What else do you want from me?"

"Perhaps I want to ruin you until you can't see another life without me." I joked. Wiggling my eyebrows at him as he shook his head.

"That's fine." He said. "That's what I want too."

-

Two and a half years ago

The man who was known in the Academy as the trouble-maker.

I mean, who would run out the house in the middle of a meal just to prove themselves? Just him.

I can't even count the amount of advices and concerns I got for revealing my crush on him. Allison would always shake her head or roll her eyes saying I should find someone decent and would actually pay attention to my feelings.

"You know Five, he's nothing but trouble." Allison scolded. We were at the living room, sitting at the bar while the other members of the academy were fooling around.

"He's trouble, yes." I nodded, "But he's not nothing."

The boys of the Academy seem to be entertained with teasing each other. Diego was throwing knives around that seemed to tickle Luther's patience. Now they're running around the room like a bunch of children. Five and Ben were watching them, sipping on some drinks their mother had made.

"You're staring at him again." Vanya said beside me. I turned my head to her and shook my head innocently.

"I was not! It was just a coincidence that he was there when I turned my head." I reasoned, Allison was shaking her head once more, taking a sip of her beverage.

"Then why do you look at him like that?"

"What look?" I asked.

"Like he's the moon or something."

"And so?"

She snickered, a hand covering her lips and she looked at me dead in the eye. "You love moons."

-

"It's beautiful! I didn't even realize it's the full moon."

I held his hand as we sat at the balcony. It was almost midnight, the moon was shining bright amongst the sky. The stars were accompanying it as the cool breeze came.

It was nostalgic how the full moon seemed to hold our stories. The times that we were not by each other, I would stare at the moon, talking to it as if it could hear me clearly and it would always be of the same character in every genre and every story was unique.

There's a story where we were almost caught by Klaus sneaking up one night to lay in the balcony. Or that one time where Klaus just had to be there and was the one who carried us back to bed when we fell asleep lit in the moonlight. He teased us endlessly after that made Five take away all source of entertainment until he swore not to tease us again. Though the occasional teasing glances were there.

Or the story where Diego had accidentally scratched my cheek while practicing new techniques with his knives. It was a surprise that Five didn't lash out at Diego, he claimed that the small cut actually made me look more badass. But he treated it none the less.

Or the time where Vanya and Allison had decided to finally take me shopping with them and when we went home, they asked for a fashion show with all the siblings with resorted to Klaus' insanely loud party music that did not fit the theme, Diego's constant yells and Luther's excited jumps (which almost broke the table) and pinpointing their favorite detail of the outfit.

Then there was Five, quietly observing. Eyes scanning up and down as he gave a smile. I could clearly read his lips saying one word praises and still, it made me flustered.

Or the time where Five got sick due to him being busy. It went to the point where I had to threaten to break up with him to drink his medicine.

But one thing I will never forget is how Five Hargreeves definitely has a soft spot for puppies.

He tried his best not to lose his cool in the middle of the street saying it was "uncool" of him but ended up being the one asking the owner permission to pet the dog. He even talked to it with a high-pitched voice.

It's funny really, how I couldn't imagine what my life was before I met Five.

Two and a half years ago, I would have laughed if someone told me that I would be in a very commited and healthy relationship with Five.

But thinking back, maybe that split second of eye contact was enough. That simple 'I like you too, Five Hargreeves.' was enough and now

"I love you so much, y/n. More that the sun loves the moon."

"I love you too, Five." I breathed. Our foreheads connected, our hearts beating as one. "More than the moon loves the earth."