Chapter 4

"That was tedious. Sebastian, prepare a bath for me."

"Right away, My Lord."

"MY LORD! S-SEBASTIAN!"

"What is it, Mey-Rin?" Sebastian asked, exasperated.

"Th-there's a visitor for you, My Lord. Sh-she's been waiting in the drawing room for you!"

"Visitor?" Ciel questioned.

I opened the door from inside his study. "Actually, I relocated myself to a more appropriate setting."

Ciel started. "What do you think you're doing, scampering around my manor as if you owned it?"

"Oh please, I've been in here so many times in so many variations, I practically live here." I stepped aside and gestured a hand to wave him in. "Well, come on then, Earl. I'm sure you like things brief and straight to the point."

He scowled and glared at me but trudged in nonetheless.

The smell of citrus wafted through the air as Sebastian poured newly brewed tea for Ciel. His near-red eyes slyly looked over me in scrutiny. I pretended not to notice as I took a sip from my own cup, nibbling on a biscuit. Ciel, on the other hand, was blatantly staring at me and the two spirits on either side of me. He seemed almost distressed, probably conflicted with decisions on what to do with us. Luxxi's tail thrashed from side to side in joy as he chewed a mouthful of biscuits. Noxa was trying to sleep.

"So you can travel through time?" It sounded rhetorical. But then again, everything Ciel said usually sounded sardonic and rhetorical. "What are you doing here then?"

"Well, he's my reason why." I pointed to Sebastian standing stiffly to the side.

"Me?" he questioned with a head tilt.

"Yes, you! Stupid bird! You caused me so much trouble last timeline, you're lucky I love you!"

"Love... me?" Sebastian suddenly looked on the verge of a breakdown. "Love?"

Ciel looked a mixture of shocked and amused. "So you've known Sebastian for a long time?"

"Time doesn't really limit me, Phantomhive. I've known Sebastian in various forms and with various changes in situations. But there's always one thing that remained the same."

Luxxi perked up at that. "He loves her!" The sudden muffled answer caused crumbs to fly from his mouth.

"Gross. Learn some manners, you heathen," Noxa said.

Sebastian made a slight scoffing noise. "My Lady, I believe you are mistaken. Although I am flattered, I don't believe that I could be capable of such trifles— I mean, emotions." He put on a fake grin. "Perhaps other versions of myself loved you. But I'm quite certain that I only hold the contract with my master as my highest priority." His eyes glowed fuchsia for emphasis.

I crossed my arms, eyes challenging. "If you're so sure."

Noxa opened one of her eyes, rolled them, and went back to sleep. "Idiots."