Chapter 19

After the whole shenanigans with the servants and Elizabeth, Ciel decided to head off to Paris to meet the Queen. And yes, that meant I was traveling again. I can appreciate the young earl finding me useful in his little missions. But at the same time, I wish he wouldn't work so hard. It had only been a week or so after the drug accusation happenstance.

"You look displeased," Ciel said as we entered the hotel room.

I forced a grin. "Guess I'm just a bit tired from traveling." It was half true. I was tired from traveling, but I was also aware of a lot of things that will potentially happen in Paris.

I thought it was Germany.

Wrong time, Lux.

Or was it actually Italy?

Wrong dimension.

"Stay here to rest then. For the moment, I'll only need Sebastian with me. All you have to do is watch the room." He left without leaving any room for me to argue.

How lonely. Again.

I hummed to myself as I brushed my hair, seeing nothing else to do. Luxxi had come out to enjoy biscuits I found with our luggage. Noxa came out after that, claiming that she wanted to sleep on a comfortable bed.

"You're really not tired of this game?"

I stopped humming. "Game?"

Luxxi licked the crumbs from his lips. "Chasing your handsome demon all clad in black. Don't you think that every time you've tried and always fail is because you're not meant to be?"

"You were never against this before. Why question it now?"

He cocked his head to the side, gaze piercing through me. "I thought it entertaining before. But now it's simply not amusing anymore. This lovesickness of yours is getting out of hand. And it grows ever more dangerous the longer you dance to the enchanting melody."

Noxa peeked an eye open, tail repositioning to curl over her.

"What I feel isn't simple lovesickness. Luxxi, I've known Sebastian for a long time. Re-meeting him hurts, but it has its own charms. No matter who or which variation, I'll find myself loving him again."

Noxa stuck her tongue out in disgust.

"Such a human answer." Luxxi turned back to her plate of biscuits. "Just remember. You're not supposed to be here in the first place."

It was evening when Ciel returned. Sebastian had carried him back.

"What happened?" I asked.

Sebastian gave me a cold look before putting Ciel in bed. He glanced at his pocket watch and began to leave. I remembered what happened then and what will happen with the shock of ice water. I rushed to Sebastian and grabbed his arm.

"You can't go! He... he will... And Ciel!"

The demon's eyes glowed threateningly at me.

"Kill me if you wish. You've nearly succeeded before." I tightened my hold on his arm. "But I won't let you go. Not again!"

Sebastian looked down at me and smirked. "How brave of you. And, of course, foolish."

I glowered at him.

"But I have yet to finish and so yet has the Young Master." He leaned down and planted the softest kiss onto my cheek. "See that he returns."

I stared in shock as he left, closing the door silently behind him. His breath lingered over my cheek. I shivered. When had it gotten this cold?