The Realization

On my way to the Makami's I dash through the woods passing the ubiquitous trees until I feel my body collapse .... my head begins pounding and I instantly know another vision is coming .......

I struggle to keep focus in this one .... which means it must be the most important vision this blind devil has for me ..... and as I finally gain complete focus my head pounds worse making me feel as if my eyes might pop out .... and they grow wide as I notice a familiar face ....... it's my best friend ....

He was a stranger boy but he was the only true friend I had back home ... he was attractive but numb so he never dated or anything ... we both felt pretty alone until we found each other ..... he's one of the main reasons it hurt leaving the church .... not to mention being sent to a bunch of vampires ........

We were loyal to each other .. we talked to each other about everything ... we loved each other and I was sent away from him ..... and after all this time he's here ... with this black hole eyed monster ! Why is he with him?! I begin panicking but only the outside I remain perfectly still and completely focused on what I'm seeing .....

I see them talking ...

"Did you do it?"
"Yes, sir." My brother by heart replies with his voice shaking .
"Great . The lover should be on his way then . Good job .. now , we wait.."
"Yes,sir ."
"Boy , you do know that in the end , you'll be forced to kill her ."
"I know . I'm prepared . I will not fail you ."
"So when the time comes .."
"I'll kill her." He says coldly as bloodlust fills his eyes ....

Then suddenly I awake gasping for air .... I see the moon and it calms me ... and I quickly stand up to my feet shocked by what I just saw .....

My best friend ...... is going to kill me .... and he set a trap for someone judging by their conversation ...... and I have to stop them ....

I begin running again ignoring how light headed I am .... I have to get to the Makami's ..... and finally I reach Makami mansion ........

It's so quiet and peaceful ...... and by what crazy dumb thing I'm about to do is going to kill that peace .... I have no choice ...... I have to .......

I knock on the Makami's door with the knife hidden in my jacket .... Ruki answers it and is surprised to see me ..

"Yui? What are you doing here ? Won't your boy toy get mad?" He asks coldly ..
"I needed to talk to you guys."
"Well.... come in I guess .."

"Massa kitty??" Kou looks  up ... their all gathered in the main room a couple sitting on the sofa but Kou's  standing up ..... who's the easiest target for me ... considering the fact I don't have much experience in this kind of thing ........

I hate that I have to do this ... I truly do care about the Makami's but I have no choice ........ Azusa ..... he even likes the thought of pain ........

"What do you want ?" Ruki asks coldly ....
I quickly grab Azusa as I punch him in the gut to get the advantage ... and suddenly I have the knife to Azusa's throat ....... he's smiling as he coughs up blood from my punch .... one move with my hand and I could kill him ...... his body's close to mine and he feels my heart beating rapidly ....

"You hate doing this don't you ?... why are you so upset Eve?.." Azusa asks softly and sweetly to where I almost cry ..... I feel like I'm loosing my mind so I raise my voice as I talk ... everyone's staring at me in shock and anger ....

"Let him go !" Yuma demands as all the rage fires inside him ....
"I just need information ! Truthful information I don't want anyone to get hurt!Believe me , I care about you ! I'm just desperate !"
"Fine !" Ruki says , panic showing in his voice ...
"What do you want?!"
"That blind monster ! What do you know about him! What are you doing for him ! What deal did you make with him and where do I find him!"
"We had to!"
"Had to what?!"
"He was about to kill my family ! I had to give him what he wanted!"
"What did he want!" My voice is shaking .. I'm terrified ..... and it shows ...

"He wanted me to find information about you and so I found out about a close friend of yours from your church and told him .... please Yui I know you .... this isn't what you want ...... we can stop this monster together ......." Ruki tries to convince me .......

"Where can I find him?!" I demand ....

"He didn't say where he was staying .... but he said if we wanted to draw him out , we'd simply have to use you ."
"What?"
"I don't know how to explain it .. I didn't exactly understand ... please Yui.... just let him go ..... you know you wouldn't really use that knife unless you had to ...... and you do care about us , don't you?"
"Of course I do ... but I can't tell you why I have to do this ....... thank you ......" I push Azusa at them and dash out of the house before they can do anything with my grip still tight on the knife .....

I swear I'm losing my mind and my conscience is quiet as I continue running away only to bump into Ayato .......

"Ayato??"
"There you are ! I've been looking all over for you what the hell were you thinking !!"
"Ayato , we have to find this monster !! He has my best friend !! He was the only close friend who really understood me back home ... I was forced to leave him and then I had a vision and he's working with the blind devil!! He's supposed to......." my voice trails off ......

"Supposed to what???"
"Kill me....." My voice goes quiet ........ so does Ayato ......... we just stand there in the moonlight in silence ........ not saying a word .....
"The makamis did make a deal with him ... to save each other .... they gave him my best friend in exchange for their lives......." I finally say quietly breaking the silence ......

Ayato just nods ....

"Everything in your dreams .... or visions are coming true like their supposed to ........" Ayato responds just as quietly ........ and immediately I realize what he's getting at ....

"Ayato .... I need you to be careful .... I think there might be a trap ready for you and that might be what kills you so please stay in the mansion till this is. Over ." I respond keeping the space between us ignoring the tension ... but he gets closer to me anyway .....

"You know pancake , I thought about what you said earlier ... and you were right ... you deserve more than that ... and you are more than that and ... your just right .... but your not just a blood bag to me ....." He trails off holding back the rest of his words but .......

.....I know what he's trying to say.....

So I just take his hand in mind and smile up at him .... and he smiled back causing me to warm up inside .... I think it did the same for him ......

"Ayato .. please .... go back to the mansion ...."
"Only if you come with .."
"I have to draw this blind devil out of hiding ."
"He's not a devil .. he's worse ... he gets his power off of women like you but .... unfortunately women like you are rare ..... but he just stays power hungry .... he wishes to reclaim the under world but in order to do so he needs you ..... and the first thing he's gonna do is kill you for a ritual ...... that's all I know... that's why you have to come back with me ... we can handle him but you have to stay put ... stay protected ....."

"I didn't have a vision where I died , Ayato .... in my vision it was you .... you need protected .."
"Yui-."
"No! Ayato the only way to draw him out is me ! You have to use me as bate ..."
"That's a terrible idea ! You know how risky that is !"
"Maybe but it's the only one we got ."

He doesn't respond .... he just shakes his head but shows in his expression how much he hates that idea ...... so he just takes my hand and leads me back to the mansion ....

I can feel him shaking .... and when we get back to the mansion he pulls me in and hugs me out of no where.... surprising me ..... if anything I expected him to drink from me but instead he pulls me into a comforting hug ..... he feels warm against me ....

"How much time do we have left?" I ask softly ....
"Two days ..." he replies ...

Two days before we lose this fight .. and we can't lose .....