Chapter 21: Resolve the issue

Nicko woke up when he felt the heat of the sun on his face. He look on his wristwatch. Its already 9 o’clock in the morning. He stood up on a couch and felt dizzy. He’s having a hangover. His fist still have a blood stains because of last night that he punched the wall in the bathroom. He’s scrubbing his face when Timmy open the door of their room. Timmy saw his arms that has a wounds and blood stains.

Timmy: What happened to your hands?(Worried.)

Nicko: Nothing Honey. I’m so sorry about last night. I was drunk and I can’t control-----

Timmy: I don’t want to talk about that.

Timmy change her mood again and started to be cold. Nicko went inside of their room. Close and lock the door of their room after. He really wanted to know the reason why Timmy is ignoring him. Timmy step back and feeling scared again. She saw Nicko locked the door. She didn’t know what’s on Nicko’s mind.

Nicko: I’m not gonna hurt you. I just want us to talk. Don’t be scared.(Soft voice. Drawing closer.)

Timmy: What are we gonna talk?(Stepping back.)

Timmy is still scared a little bit. Nicko look at her with sad eyes. His eyes are going to shed some tears.

Nicko: What’s the problem Honey? We’re okay two weeks ago. But you started ignoring me and I don’t know why you’re doing this to me??

Timmy: Why don’t you ask yourself?(Teary eyed.)

Nicko: I don’t know what you’re talking about Honey. If there’s a problem spill it out. Don’t make things hard from me. I can’t take it no more. Speak out Honey. We can’t resolve this if you still keeping a secret. I’m your husband. You shouldn’t keeping secrets. Let’s talk about this. Let’s fix this.

Timmy didn’t answer. She’s just crying.

Nicko: Timmy?? I’m asking you. Speak out.(Really soft voice.)

Timmy: You’ve never change Nicko. You’re a liar.

Nicko: What are you talking about Honey? I don’t get it??(Dumbfounded.)

Timmy: Nothing. Just forget it. I’m just tired. I’m dizzy. I need to rest.

Nicko felt ignored again. She’s making excuses again and trying to escape the questions. It made him angry but he’s trying not to lose control. He clench his fist and lowered down his head. He don’t want to look at his wife and he’s trying to control himself.

Nicko: Fine!! You don’t want to talk about this?! Then let it be! I’m tired asking you questions! I’m tired of this conversation! You don’t want to talk? Then, let’s not talk! I’m your husband but you’re acting like I’m not! Do you think you’re the only one having a hard time? I’m hurt Timmy! I never felt hurt this much before! I’ve never been like this before! You know me! I’ll never beg for someone to talk with. I’m not like this but because I love you and because you’re my wife I’m doing this Timmy.! But you keep ignoring me.

Nicko can’t stop crying. He can’t look straight on her eyes. Timmy can’t say any words. She was really afraid that Nicko will leave him after she ask about what happened two weeks ago. She just cry and cry until she fainted. Nicko catch her and run to the hospital.

                   ----------*----------

Nicko: What happened to my wife? Is she okay? Why’s she fainted?(Worried.)

Doctor: What kind of husband are you?! Don’t stress your wife! She’s 2 months pregnant! Are you trying to kill your baby?! Don’t make things hard from her. Its not good for the baby.