Chapter 8: The homecoming! Excited?

Trixie: Nicko! I’m here!

Nicko saw Trixie waving her hands not too far where he at. He ran so fast and hug Trixie like it is the last time. Trixie did the same way.

Trixie: Its been too long! How are you Nicko? (Smile like something never happened. Like she left him yesterday.)

Nicko: Yeah. Its been too long since you left me without any clear explanations.

He was like a child having a tantrums in front of her. Trixie laughs like its not too serious to talk about.

Trixie: Come on! Past is past! Don’t mention this anymore. You’ll ruin the night!.

Trixie smiled and he never complain anymore. “Maybe past is past. But did she think I need some explanation? Its too hard for me.” Nicko muttered to his mind.

They went out on a dinner. Trixie talk about so many things that happened when she was away. Nicko is listening to her stories. But he’s thinking about how he left Timmy in the office. He felt guilty. “What if she’s still there waiting for me to come back? I didn’t say anything.” He muttered.

Trixie: Hey Nicko?! Are you with me?

Nicko:  Yes Trix! I’m sorry I’m just tired from the whole day of work. Can I send you home? You need to rest.

Trixie: Yeah sure! Thanks Nicko!

He only drop by Trixie in front of her house.

Nicko: I’m sorry Trix! Need to do something important! I have to go back to the office. You take care yourself! Regards to Tito and Tita!

Trixie: Its okay! But could I actually make a favor?

Nicko: What is that Trix?

Trixie; Can you bring here my sister Timmy? I’m going to prepare a dinner for us. Could you do that for me? (Big smile.)

Nicko: Yes. I’m gonna pick her up. She’s on my office. She have a lot of work to do. I’m gonna tell her you love to meet her now.

Trixie: Oh! Thank you Nicks! Bye! See you later!

He drive as faster as he can. He was worried that Timmy is still on the office waiting for him. Its already 8 o’clock. It’s too late for a girl waiting at the office.

                  ----------*----------

(FIST.) Nicko surprised when he got in the office and Timmy was not there already. It made him so mad that he wanted to throw his mobile phone.

Nicko: Where are you?! Did I tell you to go home this early?

Timmy; I’m so sorry Sir! I thought you’ll never come back so I went home. I’m in the waiting shed waiting for the bus. And its already 8 o’clock Sir----

Nicko: Shut up! I didn’t tell you to go home! Come back here! (The tone of his voice is really scary.)

Timmy: Yes Sir Nicko. I’m coming. Bye Sir---

Nicko: No! Don’t hang up!  I’ll check on you! Stay on the line! Its dangerous nowadays.

She’s blushing when she heard that words. He sounds like a concerned boyfriend to his girlfriend. But she felt that he’s not really a gentleman. Letting a woman walk alone just to go back to work at this late hour?

Nicko: Where are you?

Timmy: I’m in front of your office Sir. I’m gonna---

She didn’t finish speaking when the doors open and Nicko grab her in his arms. He’s holding her so close.

Nicko: Silly girl. Who told you to get out of this office without my permission? You freaking me out.
“Eh? Freaking him out? But he let me walk on the street alone just to go back here. He is definitely a weirdo! But his voice. It feels like he’s truly concern. He hold me like I can’t breathe anymore.” Timmy muttered.

Nicko: What if you fainted again? And I’m not there to catch you? Do you have any conscience? You’re making people around you worried.(Soft voice.)

She never imagine that he will say those words. Its totally unbelievable! The atmosphere is awkward. Timmy push him and change the topic instead.

Timmy: I know that Trixie was back. How is she? (faking smile. Feels like an idiot.)

Nicko cough and change his voice.
Nicko: Yes. she’s back. And we’re good. We had a dinner together and I sent her home too.

She’s faking her smiles again.

Timmy: That’s good. I’m going back to work. I’m so sorry Sir Nicko. Next time even if its too late I will not go home without your permission. I’m going back to my desk Sir! I have a lot work to do.

He never say anything because she went out so fast in his office like she don’t want to talk about her sister either. He sigh.

“Whats the matter with me? I’m supposed to be happy because Trixie was back. But what on earth do I feel like I’m sad. And this moment. While I’m looking at Timmy’s eyes. I felt her pain. But I felt too that she’s happy cause Trixie was back. What is this feeling? Its started when I saw Timmy had a fever. It felt like she needs me more. But I don’t think its impossible. I hate that woman. She’s the reason of my sadness all these years. She’s the reason why I’m longing with Trixie. But why did I felt trembled and worried when she went home without me? And why did I hugged her? Gosh! She’s making me confuse of everything. No! Cut the crap! She means nothing to me.” Shaking head..

                 ----------*----------

At Timmy’s desk. Mix emotions. Feeling happy and sad. “I can’t help myself. Why do I feel sad. I’m supposed to be happy. My sister was back. I don’t want to interfere with their relationship anymore. Trixie will get back what is supposed to be her property. I’m nothing to him. He never loved me anyway. He said that they’re in good terms. Maybe its his way of saying that I have to keep distances between their relationship. Stop thinking about them! You have lots of work to do!”

She change her mood. Determine to work harder than ever. She needs it to become busier and never think of what will happen tomorrow. She’s interrupted when Nicko went to her desk.

Nicko: You can finish that papers tomorrow. I’m gonna send you home. Let’s go.

Timmy did not say any rejection. He’s always giving an orders when he’s saying something.

To be continued....