Yellow

Eliott's P.O.V

I opened my eyes to the sunlight beaming through my yellow curtains. My mom chose the color , cause she says yellow will give me positive vibes so I agreed, I will grow accustomed to it in no time.

I opened the refrigerator finding nothing special for breakfast so I just drank a glass of water .
I took my car keys and before leaving , a thought suddenly hit me so I turned back up to the stairwell and to Lucas's door.

I gently knocked on the door twice , it didn't take long till he opened it.
He was standing there with his hair slicked back and a blue sweet shirt and a cup of coffee in his hand.
"Oh hey bonjour"He said as he smiled.
"Salut! I was wondering if you wanted a ride to school with me?!" He looked at me and then checked the time and nodded "sure it would be awesome! We are both going the same way anyway so why not"
He drank the last sip of his coffee as he said "let me go get my backpack" I smiled in response as I waited until he came back with his backpack in his hand and closed the door behind him.

// // //
"So school days never go hard on you?!" I said keeping my eyes on the road "who said that?!" He responded with a giggle. "I mean like you seem so chill and productive" I looked at him for a moment and saw him smiling sweetly "nah not really I just try to keep it cool, literature classes just fuck me up"
I laughed "they fuck you up?! I can help you with that!" I honestly offered really wanting to be a big help to this cute boy sitting next to me. "Could you really do that?!" He said smiling at me with wide puppy eyes. I tried my best to focus on the road not the puppy eyes as I answered "Yes!! I would be glad to" his smile widened "thanks"
I smiled back as I pulled the car into the parking lot.
Stopping the car getting the keys out I looked over at Lucas watched him as he stared out the window without any movement. "You okay?!" I said as I turned to him. He turned to face me "yeah I'm okay just thinking that I won't have a peaceful afternoon like yesterday cause my roommates are gonna be home" oh please come to mine...
I thought to myself but then said it out loud "you can always come to mine you know !" He giggled as he opened the car door and I did the same we both walked into the hallway "I don't wanna stick to your help that much, I don't wanna make you uncomfortable as a new neighbor but thanks for your invitation." He said and suddenly turned into another hallway not giving me the chance to say anything.
So I just stood there admiring the way he walked and got into class.
I was falling in love with a boy , this was the second time with a boy. I could tell I was falling deeply!

// // // //

This was not some kind of a love at first sight thing, I found out when I got home , but maybe it might've been from the first day I saw him at school.
The flat was still empty and cold , I wanted to offer to take Lucas back home with me but as I asked his friends he had gone to a friends house for project.
I opened up a beer and turned on the television which I just uncovered this morning and sat on the floor cause the furniture that I ordered would've been here by tomorrow.
The television show was about a parallel universe. Two people fell in love at the wrong time so they couldn't continue  their relationship and they had a conversation about a parallel universe which if the curtains for example were another color instead of blue , they would've been together. So they parted after their goodbye in the hope that their love will continue in another universe.
I found it interesting, but what if I was their other version?! How would I know that I should've made this right?!

// // // // (I'm too lazy about details ugh)

I spend the whole evening watching tv and drinking beer and every now and then checking the door to see if Lucas was coming back.
Did he have someone already?!
The only question that ran through my head, after I had a bipolar episode last time with a date I never got to know anyone again. I was afraid of losing them again.
I heard slight footsteps behind my door and a knock as I got up with a dizziness in my head from two bottles of beer I opened the door to Lucas with messy hair and the same clothes he was wearing at school today. It was almost 10 pm and Lucas  was knocking at my door.
"Hey." I said as I held the door for him to come in.
"Hey, sorry for this but I just wanted to say thank you for todays ride and I also brought you something , I don't know if you'd like it tho, but I hope you do." I took the bag he was holding up towards me and looked inside and saw a yellow fabric as I pulled the yellow shirt out I was surprised.
"Yellow?!" I asked looking at him with a confused face "yeah, I thought you liked yellow?! Judging from the curtains you hung?!" I looked over at the curtains and giggled "I never really liker yellow but I guess now I have to!" He gave me an innocent look "but I like it tho! You really didn't have to do it thank you!" I said as I opened my arms for a hug.
The little boy slowly sung into my touch as I held him close for a while enjoying the scent, the three minutes felt like hours for me yet , they passed so soon.
As he pulled away he looked at me and walked back to the door as he turned to face me. "So see you tomorrow then?!" I grinned and couldn't resist my hand going through his hair gently making it messier then it already was. " yeah see you tomorrow Lulu"
Before I could lean in to kiss him I shut the door. I could still feel hear him standing behind the door.
I slowly pulled myself into my room and to the empty bed and threw myself on it and slowly drifted off thinking about picking Lucas up tomorrow wearing the yellow shirt he gave me.

________
"Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you... and all the things you do...
yeah it was all yellow ..."