Chapter 9 : Feelings

CHAPTER NINE

"I think I like him."

She was seating in front of him, devouring her burger and fries. Her smile is wide and pretty, but the words that came out from her pretty lips made his stomach churn.

He didn't hide the fact that he suddenly felt devastated, Jimin leaned on the chair as he ran his fingers through his smooth midnight tousled hair.

He looked at her and Lisa was already staring with her perfect brow raising at him. "What's up with that face?"
She frowned and munched a fries.

"Are you sure?"

"I am."

"You know him for like what? Just last summer?"

"So?"

"Does he likes you back?"
That made the girl, froze. Lisa suddenly avoided his penetrating gaze. Eyes were cold and dark, there's something in it that she can't really decipher, but whatever it is? It's something dangerous.

"I- I don't know. I have a hunch that he harbor some hidden feelings to his best friend." She mumbled and Jimin clicked his tongue, his half-eaten food was now long forgotten.

"Then you should back away."
His voice was cold and Lisa snapped her head at him, eyes were wide with unbelief.

"What? We already talked about this, Clark."

"He's not good for you, Hearst."
Jimin sighed, letting himself calm down. He didn't want to get into a quarrel again with her.

However, Lisa wasn't buying any of it. She stubbornly glared at her friend, as she pulled the collar of his plain white shirt.

"Then, who's good for me?"
Faces were inches apart, he met her confused gaze and subconsciously their eyes went down. Lisa pushed Jimin back to his chair, avoiding the fact that she just stared at the bad boy's lips.

She took a glimpsed at him and Jimin's face were all red.

"Did you just get flustered, Clark?"
Her eyebrow raised in amusement.

"W-what? O-of course not! Don't spout shit Hearst! Why would I?!"

But before she knew, Lisa is laughing her heart out.

"That's fucking cute, bad boy."
Jimin dismissed the topic by leaning forward and pinched Lisa's both cheeks.

"Shut the fuck up or I'll tear this chubby cheeks of yours."

Lisa gasped. "They're not chubby!"
She slapped his hands away and Jimin leaned back as he sighed for the umpteenth time.

"But seriously Lis, are you really sure about liking him?"
The girl's face softened and so is Jimin, he is not even looking at her now.

"Yes."
She answered, and that's when Jimin nodded.

"Cool."

"You okay with that?"

"If that's makes you happy, Hearst."

"It is."

"Then, go for it"
He finally lifted his head and meet her gaze, lips curved into a genuine smile.

"You're a great friend you know that?"

"I know."
He chuckled lowly, and Lisa stood up to locked the bad boy into an embrace.

"If he makes you cry—"

"Clark."

"I'm kidding."