Chapter 20 : Finale

A/N:
The wait is finally over and this is a long ass chapter so yeah...
Care to share me your thoughts after this? Because I'd love to find out!

CHAPTER TWENTY

Lisa scratched the side of her forehead with the butt of her pencil as she nibbled her lower lip. She was one of the students who were assigned to do the fresh comer winter ball where first year college students will get to know the upper year students and different departments.

It wasn't extravagant unlike in highschool where they need to where ball dresses and suits to impress. College is more like dressing up in your most comfortable way.

And since it was also the end of the year and winter break will come soon after it, teachers and the school guardians allowed them to put alcohol in their punch drinks but not high enough to actually get drunk students roaming around school.

But since the assigned students to do the preparation of this year's winter ball are unlike ordinary, the professors can only wished for something least expected to happen.

Jenifer Ruby Bass, Nathaniel Raeburn, Tyler Kim, and Lisa Hearst are now seated at the long table inside the student council room. Three of them was assigned actually but the rich Chinese girl loves parties so much she would never lose this chance to be a part of it.

"So that's it? You guys won't do anything extra for the fresh comers? That's so boring!"
Jenifer sassed, while blowing her newly polished red nails. The smell of manicure was stuck inside the room Nathaniel needed to open the exhaust fan for it.

"Tell me why she's here again?"
Nathaniel messed up his hair and put his glasses down to massage the bridge of his nose.

"What are your suggestion then? It will happen two days from now. Changing designs and themes of the winter ball won't be a good idea. They are all prepared."
Tyler asked Jenifer nonchalantly, the lad didn't even look up, his gaze is busy eyeing the file which Nathaniel gave them to look, so that they can check wether there's missing or it's good to go. After that they should pass it to the head minister for a final review.

"Nothing much, Tyler. Just some you know? Add some more booze?"
Jenifer said, rolling her eyes. Holding a party is her forte, she held frat parties two times a month on the Kappa Delta house which is one of the school dorm here in university.

She isn't alcoholic but she loves the crowd, the attention, Jenifer Ruby loves being praise.

On the other hand, Nathaniel is having a severe headache because of the girl. He can't kick her out even if he badly wants it too. The Bass family is one of the biggest benefactors in this school in which Raeburn's owned of course. The partnership of Raeburn and Bass had a strong bond and if his parents knew about him kicking out Jenifer they will surely berserk.

So he heaved a deep sighed, trying to calm his nerves and proceed on talking.
"The teachers strictly said to add only a safe amount of alcohol to not intoxicate the students."
Being the student council president, he needs to be responsible and tolerating this stuffs won't be a good image for the school.

"Boo, where's the fun of that?"
Jenifer argued, she even snatched the files of the three and stood up to throw it in the trash can. Nathaniel, Tyler, and Lisa was flabbergasted by it. Then Ruby went back to the table as she stood mightily in front of them.

"Remember last year, did you even get some fun because the senior obeyed the teachers to not add more booze in the drinks? It was more boring than listening to a praying monk."
She's like on a debate, protecting her beliefs which gained more veins popping on Nathaniel's forehead. He will really kick her out any minute now after he'll pick up the files in the trash can. Doesn't she know they still need to report that to the head minister?