Chapter 142

"Sakaar, hear ye. Attention please." It was the Grandmaster! On some sort of city-wide PA system. Outside the cockpit, there was a giant hologram of him like in the arena, "I have some bad news. My beloved, exalted champion has turned up missing. Take to the streets! Celebrate my champion." The hologram switched to different recordings a couple times, "Color..." I stopped listening.

"Who's that?"

"Well he kinda runs the place. You actually lived in his house for a while."

"I did?"

"If you want to call that giant monstrosity a 'house', then yeah."

"Quite a lots happened, you and I had a fight recently."

"Did I win?"

"No. I won. Easily." What a liar! His ego must really be bruised.

"That doesn't sound right."

"Well, it's true."

"It seems that that criminally seductive lord of thunder has stolen him away..."

"Seductive God of Thunder! We need to move." He whipped around, but Bruce was a bit more slow.

"Bruce? You ok?"

"This is bad. This is really, really bad."

"What is? Slow down, talk to me." The last thing we needed was for him to Hulk out. Meanwhile Thor wasn't paying any attention, he was too busy rummaging through stuff.

"I think I'm freaking out."

"No, no, no." Thor got up, holding a bundle of clothes, "Don't freak out, you're ok. Put these on."

"But these are Tony's clothes."

"I know–"

"Is he here?"

"No, he's not here, but listen you stay calm, ok? The sun's going down, the sun's getting really low." Thor walked Bruce out of sight, rubbing his shoulders as they went, "The sun's going down." I shook my head. That wouldn't help until it was too late and it was beginning to annoy me.

The Grandmaster had offered a very high reward for the capture and return of Thor, so that meant that everyone who was anyone was on the lookout for the very distinctive God of Thunder. He led us through back alleys, crouching down to hide himself, and all the while repeating the mantra of "The sun's going down". I could tell that it was beginning to annoy Bruce almost as much as me.

At the first chance I had, I grabbed a cloak off hanging electrical wires and swaddled Dreyma in it; she'd already attracted enough attention as it was. Thor was trying too hard to calm Bruce down. Bruce, whose eyes were darting around faster than I imagined he could take in what they were actually seeing, was only walking where Thor directed him. At last, Thor guided him to sit on someone's porch.

"The sun's going down, the sun's getting very low, the sun's going down, it's getting–" He shushed Bruce.

"Would you stop saying that?!"

"I just need you to stay calm."

"Calm?! I'm on an alien planet!"

"It–it's just a planet, you've been on a planet before."

"Yeah, one!"

"Well, now you've been on two, that's a good thing. It's a new experience," Bruce began moaning, covering his face with his hands, "It's great!"