31:Baby Names

Shenji's POV

"I wrote down a couple names for pretty woman and dad",I say to Auntie Wynter. She smiles as she sets the plate of warm mac and cheese she had just made for me to eat. Back when mom was still alive, she'd make me this all the time. Although she only made it with water because she couldn't afford other ingredients. "Nice, why are you so pensive these past few days?",Auntie asks.

I shrug. "Although it has been long since I've been here I sometimes think I came in the wrong time since dad is happy with Pretty woman and my brother, I feel as if I'm in the way of of them", I explain to her for the first time since I had began living here I hadn't told anyone that..

I knew pretty woman hadn't minded me one bit because she was kind from the start but dad I felt as if he was still hurt each time he saw my face because of how much I looked like his first love,my mom.

Auntie Wynter shakes her head and holds out her arms for me. I wrap my arms around her and she embraces me in a giant hug. "Baby girl you're the best thing that could ever happen to them and to our family , you brighten up my old mom's days with your silly jokes and offering to do her hair! , she asked about you by the way!"

I pull away and nod. "So you and Uncle Kido.. huh?", I sent her a wink teasing her. Auntie Wynter blushes looking away... "so, we're taking things slow although , I was afraid a few weeks ago because I thought I was going to be a mom but it turned out to be a false alarm", she quickly explained and grab her hand squeezing it.

"What was that for ?", she asked me as she took a seat and I take a seat next to her. I shrug unable to explain the action.. but was sure she needed it.

"You looked like you need it, you sounded kinda sad when you said it turned out to be a false alarm"

Her smile on her face tightened. "It's just my mom is sick, and she only had a few months at most a year... and i know I've only known Kido for a few months but I'm so sure that man is meant to be my husband and the future father of my kids", she sounded so serious about Kido and what she felt.

I wonder if one day I'll find someone too and maybe have a kid?

But then again I'm still a little girl and I shouldn't be thinking this stuff , pretty woman said to slow down on growing up so I'd do exactly that.. I would enjoy my days as a child, teenager and adult... take it day by day.

"Kid.. love is a scary thing but when you find it it's the best feeling in the world.. to have a person love you so much they want to share their life with you", Auntie begins saying as she opens up her sketch book revealing a drawing of a man I recognized to be her boyfriend.

"Wow, that's really pretty .. you're so talented Auntie", I delicately ran my fingers against the drawing.

"I wanted to go to school for art but I knew it was unrealistic so I choose a career that was efficient so I went with business, anyway.. I do still love to draw", she begins turning the pages in let sketch book and I'm in complete awe by every single drawing... the details and the amount of work put into it.. it was amazing.

"Auntie Wynter Can you teach me to draw that way?", I ask her and she excitedly rips out a piece of paper.

"definitely, I'd be happy too", and that was the beginning of what came to me loving art.

(We love foreshadowing for my next story which will be Shenji ;) )

Shen Yue's POV

It was our last day of our honeymoon and we were sitting in beach soaking in the sun as we sipped on margaritas mine being virgin of course.

"This was the best experience ever, baby", Dylan began dating as he grabbed his drink and took a sip of it.

"Agreed, although I miss home and our Shenji!"

Dylan grabs my hand. "Me too, I love her.. it feels like I haven't missed a thing in her life.. she's made me feel so welcomed and like I wasn't a stranger you know.. it was hard to look at her because of how much she looked like her but now.. I see that she came right on time"

"The Photobooks, Shenji's mommy prepared for you was nice of her, she recorded every thing she possibly could for you, that truly was very nice of her", I say to him.

"Definitely, how are you and the baby today?", he asks.

"Amazing but I feel like we should start picking names for him, we haven't really decided what to name him", I suggest and Dylan gasp.

"That's right!! Let's do that now!!", he quickly begins thinking hard on names and I do too.

~

We're finally in the airport and we see Wynter, Shenji and Kido waiting for us and we rush towards them.. excited to see them.

The first person I hug is Shenji.. "pretty woman!", she says excitedly and wraps her small arms around me.

"I was thinking Gilbert after my childhood best friend!", Dylan suggest as we're walking to the car.

Everyone stops. "Dude, didn't that guy make fun of you for not speaking English, come on Dylan why would you try to name your son that", Kido says annoyed by Dylan.

"I have the perfect name for my little brother Dad!!", Shenji says and she takes out a small piece of paper from her pocket and hands it to me.

I grab the small paper from her and open it , Gijeok.

As in miracle?... a Korean name.. ?

"A name in Hangul ?", I ask her and the small girl nods. "I thought it was perfect since he was miracle you and dad didn't know you needed to be happy and as well for me"

Dylan and I both bend down to Shenji's level and wrap our arms around her.  "That name is perfect", I tell her and I giver her a small kiss on her cheek.

You really were a miracle for all of us, Gijeok.

Two chapters left 😩😭 and the epilogue I wrote months ago!

Anyway , hope you're all happy and healthy.

Please look forward to Shenji's story.. I'm looking forward to writing it.

All the love , Ella xx