Chapter 78: Concern

Concerns

“Uhm, mom?” Izuku called as he descended the stairs to the basement, peaking down at his parents and Dabi.
The younger, dark haired alpha was sat on the floor, seeming to be busy meditating, his brow furrowed in concentration as a bead of sweat slid from his temple and down the side of his face, his hands covered with blue flames.

Gon was in a similar position, though he didn't seem nearly as exhausted as Dabi did. Killua turned to look at him from where he stood, observing the two.
“What's wrong, baby?” Killua asked with a soft smile as he spread his arms open in an invitation.

Izuku smiled happily as he climbed down the rest of the stairs, wrapping his arms around his mother's waist and nuzzling his face into his pale neck, breathing in his scent.
“Can we talk alone?” Izuku asked after a few moments, pulling back slightly to look up at his mother.

Killua nodded, brow furrowing in concern. “Of course,” he replied, “Gon, I'm going upstairs for a bit, okay? I'll be right back,”
Gon opened his eyes to smile brightly at his love. “Okay, Killua!”

Killua wrapped an arm around Izuku's shoulders and pulled him up the stairs, leading them both outside where they sat down on some chairs they had put there a small while back.

Izuku turned to better face his mother, biting his lower lip as he frowned, sorting through his thoughts as he tried to think of how to voice his concerns. Killua watched him with worried eyes, noting how Izuku fiddled with the hem of his shirt, the corners of his lips turned down as he thought deeply. Killua remained silent, not wanting to disrupt his thinking process and rush him, instead, he observed his son from the corner of his eye.

“Something's been worrying me for a while now,” Izuku spoke up after a few minutes of silent contemplating.
Killua turned to look at him with a frown. “What is it?” He asked softly, concerned.
Izuku chewed on the inside of his lower lip before he tilted his head up to look at his mother.

“It's just, with what happened with the League, I came to realize, just how...attached dad is to you?” Izuku spoke, mind racing as he tried to figure out his words. “I'm a bit worried about the future is all,”
Killua's eyes searched the deep green of his son's, brow furrowing. “What do you mean you're worried about the future? Just ramble on and I'll listen; don't try to think it all through, otherwise you won't be able to get your point across,”

Izuku nodded, taking a deep breath. “I'm really worried about how dad is going to react if and when you pass away? It might sound a bit morbid, but I'm not so naive as to believe you'll be here forever and I know that chances are equal that dad might die first, but what if you die first?”

“I worry about how he might react. Just from what I've seen the few times you got hurt, and what happened with the League, it might be really severe. If someone somehow managed to kill you, at least dad will be able to have revenge, right? But what if you die naturally?! What then? Then there won't be anything or anyone to take his anger and grief out on, and I'm afraid he might lose his mind otherwise,” he expressed, moving to bite down on his thumb nail.

“And I'm worried about the birth of your baby, what if you experience some complications? You could die, mom, and I'm worried about dad and the baby, and it's such a big possibility what with how stressful your pregnancy has been so far, and what will dad do? What if he ends up blaming the baby for your death? Will I gave to run away with my sibling if that ends up happening? No, I don't think that's possible, I won't be able to run away from dad,” he mumbled, and he spent the next few minutes mumbling to himself about possible escape plans and what he'd do, where he'd go.

Killua bit his lower lip, shoulders shaking subtly as he bit back a bout of laughter. He wasn't laughing at his son's concerns--they were genuine worries and possibilities and it was a good thing Izuku brought up the subject--but with how utterly serious Izuku looked as he mumbled to himself, pinching his chin between his thumb and forefinger; it almost looked like smoke might start coming out of his ears if he thought any harder.