Back In Business

Next few chapters are gonna be small, nothing major or event changing. Been doing way too much action and I need to start making a build-up to events.

———————————————————————————————————————

Maks blurry POV

Maks: 'Uuhg dammit, what happened?'

Groggily thought Maks as he started to awaken from his slumber.

Maks: 'Wait, uncle, Grace....furry guy! I need to know if they're okay!'

Maks's senses went into hyper mode as the sleepy effects were instantly washed away from his eyes as he quickly sat up from his laying down position. He noticed two immediate things. One, his helmet wasn't on his head, and two he was in a clean and sterile mostly white room.

Maks: What the?

???: Well hello.

Surprised by the voice at his side, Maks flinched and looked quickly to his right and saw a bright blue/purplish haired rabbit fuanus sitting calmly on a swivel chair.

???: Oh! I'm so sorry about spooking you. You've gone through so much already, Please forgive me.

Maks stared at the fuanus noticing her choice of cloths while she was repeatedly bowing her head. She wore a white nurse dress with a small skirt, along with that was an armband with the red plus symbol on it. Verifying her role as a nurse.

Maks: Hmm wha- it's ok I guess. Could you tell me what exactly happened to me? My memories are a little fuzzy.

Nurse: Well according to the report from your friends who just left a little while ago, apparently after an encounter with Whitefang terrorists you and others went into combat. After the battle ended you collapsed due to your wounds and your friends drove you here to the emergency room.

Maks: 'Good thing ruby kept that healing thing under the radar, can't have everybody know my strengths.'

Maks: Hmm okay, last question, where are my friends, and can I go see them?

Nurse: That's two questions but I'll answer. The little girl named Ruby was worrying her sister too much by staying here watching over you, so the big sister somehow convinced Ruby to leave your side for a little bit to rest and eat. Also no, sadly until you sign some health papers and recover a tiny bit more, you cannot leave the hospital.

Maks: Fine I'll just break out then. Hnnng!

Maks tries to lift himself off the bed but straps covering his arms all the way to his legs prevent him from moving.

Maks: ... Pinky promise I won't run?

Nurse: Hehe sorry, the manager of the hospital predicted something like that and to prevent another accident from happening like last time...

*flashbacks of Maks bashing into guards and running through a solid wall*

Nurse: He said to specifically strap you down with the extra tough rope.

Maks tried again but there was no budge. These straps were sturdy and not breaking anytime soon so Maks stopped and huffed, tired from the pain in his shoulder starting to reignite from his movement.

Nurse: Don't worry about it though, you'll soon enough be out in the fresh air. Want me to turn on the TV for you?

Maks: ... yes, please.

His answer brought a smile to her face as she set a clipboard she was holding on a counter and swivel chaired to the TV, pressing its power button and turning it on.