Cursing in Flower (Karkat X Reader)

I tie my apron tight around my waist, the bow double-knotted just in case. I flip the sign to "We're Open!" and turn on the fluorescent light. Instantly, the bright colors of chrysanthemums and roses popped out, daffodils and tiger lilies bringing warm colors of orange and yellow. I smile at the scene and go behind the counter to sort out the first orders of holiday wreaths. Summer is coming up and so many dinner parties want elaborate flower decorations. I sigh as I string the flowers together with gardening wire. Today is going to be a long day.

I look up after I hear the bell by the door. A small, slightly chubby troll walks in with a bright red face. I smile politely and he shyly comes up to my desk. 

"Hi, how may I help you?" I get up from my stool and look at him expectantly. His face was still colored red and he wouldn't look me in the eyes.

"What would be best for my matesprit?" He asks, looking around at all the flowers. "She's blind, but can smell stuff really well." How cute! I move from behind the counter.

"Well, were you planning on getting a bouquet or something small, like a potted plant?" I ask, showing him the different styles we could give him. 

"A bouquet. It's her birthday." What a sweet boy! 

"I would suggest a bouquet of hyacinth, rose, and maybe some lavender.  I pick the flowers at random, the deep purple mixing with light white and pink. I grab a red rose as well and the boy makes a little smile. 

"Do you have blue flowers?"

"Oh, is that her bloodcaste? I think we have some of the dye flowers. Maybe a few blue peonies?" I wrap the bouquet in brightly colored tissue paper and tie a ribbon around the stems. I go to the cash register and ring it up. 

"Mr. Karkat Vantas, right?"

"Yes."

"Great! Here's a packet of flower food to have them last. Keep them in a cool place, away from a vent so that they won't dehydrate. Have a good day, Mr. Vantas!" He waves goodbye and I smile as he leaves my flower shop.

"Oh, hello again Mr. Vantas!" I smile at the boy, his recognizable blush getting brighter. "How did your matesprit like the bouquet?"

"She loved it, thank you."

"I heard prom is coming up, you ordering a corsage and boutonniere?" He nods and I go to the ribbons and pins I have.

"Let's see a picture of the dress." He shows me a gorgeous white dress with teal accents and sparkly shoes. I whistle and Karkat blushes more. 

"All right, how about teal ribbons with white roses? And maybe, I know, lily of the valley! Those are pungent flowers, your girl will adore them." He nods and I ring up the cost once more for the boy. 

"Have a lovely dance!"

"Y/n?" I look over and see a blushing face.

I smile brightly and wave him over. He walks over with his coffee and a plate of cake in hand. 

"Hey, Mr. Vantas. How are you, I haven't seen you in my shop in a while." He nods and I gesture for him to sit in the seat across from me. "Everything going well with your girlfriend?"

"Yeah, yeah, she loved prom. We met up with friends afterward."

"Fun."

"Yeah. It was a good time."

I sip on my f/d and he looks out the window at the passing people on the street. His blush is fading and he looks almost comfortable sitting in the iron wrought chair. I cross my legs and place my elbows on the small table.