•1•

Dear diary,

Its been 6 months since I officially lost my sight. I am now starting to forget what everything looks like. I can hardly remember what I look like. I just barely remember Colby's looks and everything else is lost somewhere in my brain. My dreams are starting to become less and less visual. I'm scared that if I were to tell Colby this, he'd leave me. Having a blind girlfriend is bad enough. Having a girlfriend who can't remember what you even look like is worse. I'm unsure if what I'm writing is even legible because I can't see. For all I know, all I've written is a bunch of scribbles.

-Mercedes

•••

Seth heard the clunks of Sasha's heels on the steps making him jump into panic mode. He had a minor heart attack as he rushed down the hall and up the stairs where his girlfriend was clutching on to the railing and attempting to walk down.
"What did I tell you about this?!" Seth exclaimed, taking her arm and guiding her down the rest of the way.

"Not to do it alone because the stairway is dangerous and if I fell I'd get hurt," She grumbles releasing his arm as they made it to the floor safely.

"You almost sent me into cardiac arrest for the tenth time in a week Mercedes. It's been months, you should know better!" He scolded while helping her to the kitchen island. He lifted her up on to the high stool before walking to the fridge to grab a water.

"Well I don't want to bother you. I mean you won't even let me take our elevator for god sake," she sighed, swinging her feet back and forth as her acrylic nails tapped against the counter. Lots of people questioned why she even bothered with the nails if she couldn't see them. Her answer was always the same. "I'm sorry can blind girls not get their nails done?"

"I'm sorry for scaring you again," she mumbled while moving her head to face the direction in which she heard Seth's movement.

"It's alright, I just worry about you," he answered, looking at his girlfriend who was unknowingly staring at a wall as she tried to talk with him. He knew that he could never be mad at her. One because he had no clue what it was like to lose your vision, and two because she was the love of his life, "our dinner plans were canceled by the way. Ashley and Joe had a last minute family emergency so we can either stay in or go by ourselves,"

"Let's just stay in, I don't feel that good today," she rested her head on the counter, letting the cool granite soothe it's burning temperature.

"Are you sick?" Seth asked, pulling out the stool next to her and sitting on it as he ran his hand along her back.

"I think. it's probably nothing but I'd rather not chance going out and getting a whole restaurant sick," she replied, letting Seth move her body to face his. He grabbed her hands, gently squeezing them as he leaned in and kissed her forehead. When his soft lips connected on her burning skin he was taken back a bit.

"Let's get you back to bed," he helped her jump off the stool and guided her back to the stairs but she came to a dead stop. He was again sent into panic mode questioning why'd she's just stopped walking, "babe? Are you good?"

"Yeah I just still get freaked out sometimes before going up the stairs," she answered. He bent down to her level, with his arms protectively wrapped around her.

"You know I'll never let anything happen to you right?" He said in reassurance, "I let that stupid illness take away your vision I will certainly never let anything more than a paper cut happen to you ever again,"

She slowly nodded her head while blushing. Seth stood up again and this time he held her in his arms bridal style as he carried her up the stairs and back into their bedroom where the busy streets of New York City, crowded with cars and people could be seen from the giant glass window. Of course Sasha didn't get to see that anymore. It was her favorite thing to wake up to in the morning and that had all been taken away from her.

Seth gently placed her in the bed and grabbed a cool cloth from the bathroom, placing it on her forehead. She thanked him before reaching for the remote on her nightstand. She felt her hand around letting it bump into everything until she could distinguish the buttons.

"Is this the power button," she asked as her finger tapped against the red button.

He nodded his head, forgetting she couldn't see the action. His face flushed in embarrassment before speaking, "yeah,"

Even if Sasha couldn't see the TV she still enjoyed listening to it. She usually watched 'Keeping up with the Kardashian's' or some reality show. The sound of them bickering and arguing made her laugh all the time. Even though Seth hated those shows he'd still watch with her everyday just to make her feel better.

"Well that's all I'm capable of doing so here you go. Put on the Kardashians please," she said waving the remote in her hand. He climbed on the bed next to her and grabbed it in his hand while changing the channel.

For the next few hours they stayed cuddled up in bed all day, ignoring all the phone calls, emails, and text messages. It was Seth's day off from work therefore he would rather not spend it working and rather with his girlfriend.

When Sasha lost the battle against tiredness, she slowly shut her eyes. This meant Seth could sleep too.

He never fell asleep before her. He needed to make sure she was safe in order for him to fall asleep. Safe to him meant she was wrapped up in his arms, peacefully sleeping away as he protected her.

•••

So what do you guys think?

Yes? No? Be honest :)

I know it's kinda different for me but I gotta switch it up ya know-