•2•

Sasha's eyes fluttered open ever so slowly as she turned her head to the right where the large window was. Of course she couldn't see the beautiful view of the daylight shining down on the city but it was a habit she'd gotten used to ever since her and Seth moved in together.

She removed Seth's arm from around her waist and slowly stood up, grabbing the walking stick from beside her as she guided herself into the bathroom. She felt around until she could feel the bottom cabinet under her hands. She bent to level with it, as she dug her hands through the piles of stuff which was thrown under it. Her delicate fingers traced along edges of objects, sharp and smooth until she felt her journal that she hid from Seth when she began to lose her sight.

She flipped to a clean page. She knew it was clean because it didn't have a folder over corner.

Picking up the pen in her hand, she began to write to the best of her ability. Writing was her passion but it had sadly been taken away from her due to this disease leaving her unable to pursue her dreams. She loved creativity wether it was writing, fashion, makeup, reading, whatever she could think of. Everything had been taken away.

She was fortunate enough to have her boyfriend who would read to her and her best friend, Ashley who helped her with fashion and makeup but it still wasn't the same. It will never be the same.

Dear diary,

I would do anything to be able to see the world again. I've been trying to make my best out of what I've been left with but it's still so hard. I will NEVER adjust to this lifestyle.
-Mercedes

She put the journal and pen back under the cabinet which Seth never looked in anymore, or at least she hoped he didn't. Rising back to her feet, she grabbed her stick and made her way back to the bed where Seth was still asleep.

"Poor guy," she thought.

Dark circles were his new "thing" ever since Sasha lost her sight. He used to never have to worry about anything. Now all he did was worry.

As Sasha climbed back in bed she dropped her stick on the floor making Seth shoot awake. He sprang upwards, darting his eyes in her direction.

Sasha couldn't see the panic on his face but she sure could sense it. She just wished he wouldn't stress himself out so much.

"Babe it's fine," she whispered pulling herself in the bed again as he beat his hand against his chest.

"Where were you?" He asked pulling her closer to him.

"I was just using the bathroom," she replied leaning against his body.

"Wake me up next time. What would've happened if I was sleeping and you fell. You're wearing socks and those floors are slip-

"Colby calm down! You're way to stressed," she says turning her body so it faces his, "it's not good for you,"

He didn't say anything. He just pulled her against his chest while resting his chin on the top of her head. They sat like that for a good 5ish minutes before her reluctantly let her pull away.

"You has a pretty high fever yesterday. Do you feel better?" He asks as she nods her head.

"I think it was just a weird 24 hour thing," she responded with a smile.

Her smile mad Seth's heart skip a beat. Her smile had been missing for months after she lost her sight but she was slowly becoming herself again.

Seth placed the back of his hand on her forehead. It felt cool, immediately relieving him.